    it?

    Thanks,

    Matt

    Guest, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
    Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
    MCSE. That would be illogical.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How would that be illogical?

    Guest, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    every cissp i know is a complete idiot when it comes to ms products. come to
    think of it, they are just idiots. the whole security consultant gig is a
    big scam

    Consultant, Apr 9, 2007
  5. Guest

    Joe Guest

    Yeah right......sour grapes et al....

    Joe, Apr 9, 2007
  6. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
    The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
    and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
    they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
    like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007
  7. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    So basically, if you're planning on teaching at Kindergarten, you need to
    get your CISSP first, then get your MCSE?

    Children Is Such Saintly Peaches, then More Children Standing Everywhere.

    Frisbee®, Apr 9, 2007
  8. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:
    TMML

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007
  9. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    not at all

    Consultant, Apr 10, 2007
  10. Guest

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    I have no idea where some people get their information but much posted here
    is simply wrong. I got my MCSE several years ago and the MCSE:Security as
    soon as it was available. I got the CISSP mid 2006. The certs are
    completely unrelated. MCSE shows you know what you're doing with Microsoft
    products. The CISSP has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft products
    but rather security policy, encryption, disaster recovery, physical
    security, access control, legal and regulatory issues, telecomm, etc. Not
    one word about networking or Windows.

    https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/request_studyguide.cgi?displaycategory=694

    Grog

    Grog in Ohio, Apr 11, 2007
  11. Guest

    Neil Guest

    OH! So it's a useful cert...

    *snigger*

    *runs from certification police*

    Neil, Apr 11, 2007
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I think I know now why I will never be an MVP

    BWAHAHAHAHA!

    Neil, Apr 11, 2007
  13. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    *snigger*
    what certification police?

    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  14. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    By the power not vested in me I now proclaim you an honorary Most Verbose
    Poaster.
    Let's celebrate.
    *streamers fall, firework launch, and kegs are tapped*

    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  15. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I don't think you can say that on the radio,

    kpg, Apr 18, 2007
  16. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    I don't think you can say that on the radio,

    You're thinking of "hoe".

    Jtyc, Apr 18, 2007
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    sure, but I can call my homeboys whatever I want. I call them geeks
    (though outside of IT that appearently is a derogitory term).

    <fx=Wierd Al>
    "look at me, I'm white and nerdy"
    </fx>

    Neil, Apr 18, 2007
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    please see "corner gas"

    "So we need a tourist attraction like a giant goose or something. We're a
    farming community, what should we do?"

    "How about a giant hoe?"

    *snort*

    "Since we're a farming community it could be a dirty hoe"

    *guffaw*

    "Who's going to maintain this thing? It might get broken or something?"

    *under-breath* "Crack-hoe! We're thinking of having a giant dirty crack
    hoe in the middle of town!"

    Neil, Apr 18, 2007
  19. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    MitchS piffled away vaguely:
    Congratulations Neil! We're so proud of you!!!

    catwalker63, Apr 18, 2007
  20. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Compared to the Neil of yore, this one isn't even visible.

    But then neither are any of us.

    Frisbee®, Apr 18, 2007