Security attacks you can't stop: targeted Office attacks

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Easy work around. DONT OPEN UNSOLICITED ATTACHMENTS!!!

    Interesting tidbit at the end of the above article:

    During the first half of 2006, according to Symantec's September 2006 Internet Threat Security Report,
    Microsoft tied Red Hat Linux for the fastest patch development time for commercial operating systems: an
    average time of 13 days.

    Fuzzy Logic, Mar 13, 2007

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Exploits do not need to originate from unsolicited attachments.

    Beats Microsoft performance by magnitudes.

    Au79, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    This one does.
    Huh? I will minimize the quote so you can understand it:

    Microsoft tied Red Hat Linux for the fastest patch development time for commercial operating systems

    Fuzzy Logic, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    You are the one that seems to have problems understanding (thus the 'fuzzy'
    in your logic, I guess). Microsoft l-e-a-v-e-s u-n-p-a-t-c-h-e-d
    v-u-l-n-e-r-a-b-i-l-i-t-i-e-s o-p-e-n.

    Performance in patch development is fine if you actually get to patch your
    crappy software and not leave half of them unresolved.

    Au79, Mar 15, 2007
  6. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    I am sure a patch will be forthcoming when it's thoroughly tested.

    Again a simple workaround, that everyone should be doing in the first place, is don't open unsolicited
    attachments.

    PS fuzzy logic in laymen's terms means that things are not black and white. More info here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic

    Fuzzy Logic, Mar 15, 2007