    please help,......Aaaaarrrrgh

    Mikey

    Just can't get me head round it

    Ann hilferty, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Hi
    I think it would help if you would describe what your Network is comprised
    of.
    The Available Wireless Networks that you see, has nothing to do with
    Wireless Computers.
    These available Networks are broadcast by the Wireless Routers or an Access
    Points. If the Wireless Router is secured then it would appear as a secured
    Wireless network.
    Wireless security starts with securing the Wireless Router, and then using
    the same parameters securing your Wireless Computer.
    May be this can Help.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    MAC
    WEP
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-AES
    WPA2
    Computers Card) should state the types of security configurations that is
    available with your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    I.e. even if most of your system can be configured to the with WPA2, but one
    device is only capable to be configured to a max. of WEP, to whole system
    must be configured to WEP. If you need more good security and one device
    (like a Wireless card that can do WEP only) is holding better security for
    the whole Network, replace the device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 11, 2007