Secret Project - Sun Keyboard Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Aug 31, 2005.

?

Keyboard Mods are Unique!

  1. Yeah, but so is a monkey coming out of my.....

    100.0%
  2. Sure, I'll grant you that.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wow! Bigal is the most supreme modder ever...at least for today!

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    looking better already :) Must have just been the sticky tape and the letters attached to each other that made it look kinda rushed.

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005

  2. bigal

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yeh that definately does help ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    totally... much better now :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Life is good....

    I have my bike home from the Harley dealer now. Boy, did it sound nice when I started it up!!! Now it sounds more like a Harley, with those Screamin' Eagle mufflers, Screamin' Eagle intake, and EFI download (together it's called the Screamin' Eagle stage 1). Tomorrow my spousal unit and I go for a ride down into southern Virginia, at least to Charlottesville. We might come back by way of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Sep 16, 2005
  5. bigal

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Dude that is one NICE ride! :D
    I was driving home the other night and it was just me and 4 bikes on the road (they were doing a cruise or something) in front of me stopped at the lights, they all lined up. Goes green and they all took off, sounds awesome :D I can only imagine yours but I bet it sounds even better!

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  6. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    We get groups of about 10-20 harleys hooning down the street next to mine, you can hear them coming for about 2 minutes, then they stop at the lights and when it goes green, all the stuff on the shelves at work starts shaking :D (By the way, work is on the corner next to the lights)

    XhArD, Sep 17, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Nice ride... hell its better then cheese!!! :D (cheese is now the second thing thats sweet, now your bike is :D)

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    When you buy a new Harley, it comes with the restrictive exhaust to meet sound requirements. Most riders soon replace either the pipes, or at least the slip-on mufflers (like I did). It's important to adjust the intake track too, which means new air filter and larger jets for carburerators, or a reprogramming for electronic fuel injection.

    bigal, Sep 17, 2005
  9. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    so in other words, it costs a crapload to make it louder :p which would be worth it in my opinion :)

    XhArD, Sep 17, 2005
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    totally worth the extra Db's :D

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  11. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    the volume isnt the thing that makes it cool, its just the feeling of extreme power! :D It does come from the volume, but the volume isnt what makes it cooler :) Walls shakin from the power, now that's cool :)

    XhArD, Sep 17, 2005
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    the frequency then :p

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sweeet! Wish I could still ride. I had a Softtail but I can't ride no mo', can't feel my feet so it's too dangerous. Here's my dream bike.
    [​IMG]

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nice bike....

    I won't get personal and ask what happened with your feet, but I'll assume it was some type of accident. What Softail model did you have?
    The Indian is truly one of the great bikes. It takes a fellow rider to appreciate the excitement of riding one like that. I thought about getting the Heritage Softail Classic (a member of our WORMS group has one), but the solid wheels of the Fat Boy had me hooked.
    Check out the WORMS rides of 2005 at my site: www.bigal-computers.net/worms.php
    We go on a ride in a few hours, as long as the weather holds up.... :p

    bigal, Sep 17, 2005
  15. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ahh, I see one Indian on there, nice! One of those bike's looks familiar, this one...
    http://www.bigal-computers.net/WORMS/WORMS-at-Waugh-091a.JPG
    Why does that ring bells with me? Was that bike seen somewhere nationally, a show or mag or something?
    My Softtail was a 1988 FXST, slightly modified, original paint, chrome and all that but I swapped out the pipes, breather and primary. Ya like those solid billit wheels? Looks pretty sharp, must be a real creampuff to ride too huh? I don't think I could deal with a rigid at any time. :)
    The feet thing, diabetes man, it's neuropathy. Almost lost the right foot and part of the leg last year to this damned disease. Not an accident. The only accident I ever had on a bike was on a Suzuki GS550LTD that I bought off one of my sister's old boyfriends, the front brake seized up. Luckily I was just coming out of a turn and only doing maybe 10mph at most, I went tail over tin-cups and landed on my butt, the bike landed on my leg, nice hot pipe burn on the calf and ripped tmy shirt to shreds. I wound up with a slight fracture, that's all. Split the POS helmet right down the middle though. After that I refused to wear one of those full face helmets ever again.
    -Mike
    P.S.
    Hey, I just looked at yer main site and noticed that you're the guy that did the printer mod... Didn't know that. Cool. :) Also noticing something else freaky on yer site... The first case in yer other projects 2000-2003 area, that's the case we're working on now to do the Philadelphia Eagles Mod. Haven't started yet but that's the donor case. Cool coinkidink!

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  16. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sorry to hear that...

    That diabetes is a tough thing to fight. The disease that scares me the most is cancer. I lost two co-workers to cancer this year, and my office only has about 50 people in it. Most of them are retired military, and at least one of those deaths is attributed to agent orange that he was exposed to repeadily in Vietnam while building roads in the jungle.
    That one bike you noticed probably has been seen somewhere. I have no idea where though. I've been buying lots of motorcycle magazines this past year, and it doesn't ring a bell with me seeing it in print.
    Did your bike look like this?
    [​IMG]

    bigal, Sep 17, 2005
  17. bigal

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Sounds like some close calls there Mike :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 17, 2005
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I already beat the big C twice, leukemia and prostate cancer, it's NOTHING to mess with, life can be hell. I've been through a lot of crap for someone my age, two bouts with cancer, the diabetes, a heart attack, stroke (TIA), and lots of other crap, kidney stones and pretty much been Agoraphobic most of my life but have fought that to some success. Life, har, if you don't laugh it'll kill ya! :)
    I'd say that looks similar but not quite, first I had spoke wheels, the pipes on that one look stock, I had flaired pipes... Like this.
    [​IMG] And the primary was customized. But basically yeah, if it were stock it'd look a lot like that.
    I used to do some volunteer work at a local Vietnam Veterans center here, I hear ya man, you can learn a lot just listening to folks.
    ...Robert... You betcha man.

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey, we're back from our ride. Get this - we left at 9AM, and returned home at 8PM. It wasn't 11 hours in the saddle, but I figure we spent at least 3/4th's of the time riding. We stopped a few places, took some pictures, drank some espresso, and well....you know the routine. This life is routine on a Harley, that is. We even rode up Skyline Drive. We covered about 300 miles.
    Check out the pictures here: http://www.bigal-computers.net/worms.php
    We were supposed to meet another couple at the Harley dealer, but they didn't show. So it was me and the wife this time.

    bigal, Sep 18, 2005
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe looks fun....
    i see the picture for rider of the month, isn't it a bit unfair its rider not riders :p

    unholy, Sep 18, 2005