Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo), PCI Universal Serial Bus

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Frez, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Frez

    Frez Guest

    hi,
    I am getting this message
    Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    hdc
    This Device Has a Problem: Code=29 (0x1D)
    This device has been disabled in the hardware. In order to use
    this device,
    you must re-enable the hardware. See your hardware documentation for
    details.
    and

    PCI Universal Serial Bus
    Unknown
    This Device Has a Problem: Code=28 (0x1C)
    The drivers for this device are not installed correctly. To
    install the driver
    for this device, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

    I dont know much about computer. Can anybody give me suggesstion step
    by step that what should I do? I tried several times to install driver
    for PUSB but failed.Thanx in advance, I am running windows 98, Pentium
    4, 1.8 MHZ.

    Frez, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Frez

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into DOS -- hold the CTRL key at bootup until the
    DOS menu appears. Choose 'Command Prompt Only'.
    At the DOS prompt [ C:> ] type:

    scanreg /restore

    Choose a registry dated *before* you had this problem.

    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004