    Thanks.

    Claude Lachapelle
    Systems Administrator, MCSE

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 17, 2008

  2. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    There is no way around it. You will have to pay for your 2nd exam. You are
    only eligible for a free re-take if you register the voucher code when you
    pay for an exam.

    To ensure you don't have to pay for a third exam for 292 (should it come to
    that) make sure you register a new voucher number now and use that code for
    when you book the second exam.

    Chaz_001, Mar 17, 2008

  3. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    Actually....you won't be able to retake it a third time because the exam
    retires on 31st March and any more retakes needed after the second attempt
    you have to wait two weeks before you can retake them.

    FYI 296 also retires on 31st March just in case you are wanting to upgrade
    from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003.

    Chaz_001, Mar 17, 2008
  4. Thanks for the information... finally I paid the full price for another try.

    This is very bad from Prometric, since I still have the voucher number which
    is older than the first registration...

    Next time I'll go with another testing center -- finally, they are looser in
    this story.

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 17, 2008
  5. BEAUTIFUL! VUE is no longer offering exams for Microsoft, does ONLY Prometric
    is offering exams for Microsoft???

    Any others testing centers? I hope so...

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 17, 2008
  6. Happy Birthday!

    Mostly Gizzards, Mar 17, 2008
  7. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    I disagree with it being a prometric problem.

    As with most IT related procedures alot depends on you remembering to follow
    correct procedures and forgetting to follow correct procedures could mean
    "hasta la vista" to a server you are trying to fix for example causing you
    more heartache.

    Sorry to say this but the fault goes down to you not following correct
    procedures as the system (Prometric) relies on you doing things correctly.

    Chaz_001, Mar 17, 2008
  8. What rock have you been living under for the better part of 6 months???
    This is not Microsoft's or Prometric's vault. This blame goes on your
    inability to properly utilize the voucher you purchased.
    Question-Research-Apply, repeat when necessary.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 17, 2008
  9. Because you "forgot" to put in the voucher code?

    It's like you were going to buy a lottery ticket with your favorite numbers,
    but "forgot". You can't get the prize without playing.

    Dustin Harper, Mar 18, 2008
  10. Wow... quote="This blame goes on your inability to properly utilize the
    voucher you purchased." Finally, you are right, because when I found the
    initial VOUCHER that I printed out 3 weeks ago, it was written:

    1. Using the voucher number, schedule and pay for your INITIAL exam via
    Prometrics's web site, call center or test center locations by visiting
    www.prometric.com/microsoft. (You must have the voucher number available and
    academic exams may not be scheduled via Prometric's web site);

    What an important word (INITIAL), when after doing those freaking exams, you
    are realizing that ALL MICROSOFT (or Prometric, who care) questions are
    created the same way...

    The rock which I was under since the last 6 months? The reality!!! Did you
    realize that I'm working with Server 2003 from the beginning, in really big
    company, and I failed with 646 the 70-292!!! Incredible but true...

    NOTE: A big step is missing from the 6 steps of getting certified, this is
    WORKING IN THE REAL WORLD WITH THE PRODUCT, and this step can replace easily
    almost the half of those steps listed.

    This said, I will continue learning HOW to avoid those mouse traps in cert.
    exams, and I should pass next time, ehehehehe!

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 18, 2008
  11. Read the reply to Mr. Alligood... you will probably more understand why I
    "missed" the "magic word" INITIAL in the second shot voucher "how to use"
    instructions...

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 18, 2008
  12. I'm glad you took time to click on the link concerning Microsoft's six
    steps to certification. However, I wish you would have read them too.
    You said:
    Apparently you didn't make it to step #2 -- "Gain Hands-on Experience
    with Microsoft Products. Working in the IT field gives you invaluable
    hands-on experience with Microsoft products and solutions, which will
    bolster any certification plan. You are well on your way to basic
    certifications with job-related experience of six months or more (one
    year for advanced certifications)."

    Another downfall you possess is lack of knowledge and/or hands-on
    experience. Again you said:
    Certification were not design for those just starting out. They were
    designed to showcase your experience with the technology. There are no
    "mice traps" with gaining certifications. It's actually a very simple
    process -- if you follow the guidelines and READ.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 18, 2008
  13. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    I did have a read and it made interesting reading. You have admitted in your
    own words that you "forgot" and "missed".

    Based on your experience so far with Prometric and Microsoft I have a
    question for you...

    You work in a large organsation that uses Microsoft server 2003 in a single
    forest and the functional level for the forest and domain levels are set to
    2003. A server named Claude crashes big time and you restore the server but
    realise that you didn't read the instructions properly and you authoritively
    restored AD. This has now replicated to other DC's in the forest which means
    that significant changes made to AD after Claude crashed have now been wiped
    out.
    What should you do (choose all that apply)

    a) Blame Microsoft
    b) Blame Prometric because the exams weren't worded to your liking.
    c) Blame the the cat as it jumped up on the keyboard and initiated an
    authorative restore.
    d) Ooops...it was me and I accept it was my mistake
    e) Format C: on all the servers
    f) Say my prayers
    g) Errrr....crikey....what have I done! Better get a coffee.

    Do you get the idea? Blaming Microsoft and/or Prometric or anyone else for
    YOUR mistake is not an option.

    Chaz_001, Mar 18, 2008
  14. Claude Lachapelle

    Matt Guest

    Please see part of my email I sent to Prometric.

    I had the same issue regarding not applying the voucher code. I found a problem with their website ordering form.

    After some research I have found the issue to why the second shot voucher was not applied. It is due to your website payment form.

    The fault is on your payment detail web page.

    These are the steps to replicate the issue:

    1. On the Prometric payment detail web page enter your promotional code or voucher
    2. Enter all additional information including credit card number (I entered my credit card information incorrectly)
    3. Submit the information
    4. You will be taken back to the payment page and informed that your credit card details are incorrect
    5. Input the correct credit card details
    6. Submit the information

    The issue is that the voucher number is removed from the details page. No wear does it inform you to re-enter your voucher number.

    Please let me know if you experience the same issue.

    Their reply was the standard "Thanks we will forward to the webmaster". Webmaster? Does anyone still call themselves that?

    Cheers, Matt.

    Matt, Mar 18, 2008
  15. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    The issue you are experiencing is different to Claude's.

    Claude did not follow instructions and forgot to enter in the code at the
    very start.

    Chaz_001, Mar 18, 2008
  16. Yeah, I'm often one of the first to jump on the Prometric Hater Express
    Train to Whoville, but this isn't their fault.

    .rev [askthemct.com], Mar 18, 2008
  17. I know it early for most, but I nominate this of PoTD. Too funny.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 18, 2008
  18. FYI, I read the "famous" six steps to get certified... and this is where you
    are all wrong, because what I'm saying is totally different from what they
    are suggesting!!!
    You should not only read what people said, you shoud interpret... ehehehehehe!
    Ahahahahahahahaha... it is evident that you never worked in the real world
    stating that, continue dreaming and stay where you are, that is explaining
    why newbies "certified" caming from training centers like yours are totally
    incompetent and unable to troubleshoot real system administrators problems...

    Continue READING my friend.

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 19, 2008
  19. Like I said previously my friends (including Chaz_001), continue reading and
    laughing, this is where you are excelling!

    Very funny your case... but you did not provide a valid answer in your
    choices... mouhahahahaha!

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 19, 2008
  20. Totally different... because you could not get your ticket if your not
    providing #!

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 19, 2008