    '4') I DO get the instance but I also get a 'bouncing icon' that takes
    about 30 seconds before it goes away. Whats with that? Very annoying.

    Al

    Al. C, Mar 26, 2005

  2. Al. C

    Travis Evans Guest

    I don't know of any way to fix it, but tweaking the Launch Feedback
    settings (Control Panel > Appearance & Themes > Launch Feedback) might
    make it less annoying:

    1. Reduce the time that the icon shows up (Startup Indication Timeout)

    2. Turn off the animation (set "busy cursor" to "Passive Busy Cursor")

    3. Disable Launch Feedback for the desktop icon, taskbar button, or menu
    item that you use to start Firefox (or start a second instance of it)
    (somewhere in the Properties for the icon/button/menu item)

    Travis Evans, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Al. C

    Travis Evans Guest

    Oops--rereading your post gives me the impression that the real problem
    is how long FF takes to start rather than the bouncing icon.

    Unfortunately, I don't have any idea why it takes so much longer than
    pressing Ctrl+N for a new window, since the script should do the same thing.

    Travis Evans, Mar 27, 2005