    Trev67 Guest

    Does anyone know how I can remove a search engine from Firefox 1.0 ??
    Any ideas gratefully received...

    Trev67, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Trev67

    mike555 Guest

    mike555, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Trev67

    mike555 Guest

    1. Go to the installation directory of Mozilla or Firefox. (1)
    2. Locate the subfolder "searchplugins". (2)
    3. Delete both SRC and GIF/PNG files for each plugin.
    4. Restart Firefox and the deleted plugins will have disappeared.

    Example: If you want to get rid of the default Google search plugin,
    you will delete "google.src" and "google.png".

    mike555, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Trev67

    John Cheever Guest

    If you want to remove the default Google search plug-in you can just use
    "customize" and drag it off.

    John Cheever, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Trev67

    Trev67 Guest

    Many thanks - problem solved. Maybe someone could be an extension to
    perform search engine plugin removals from the context menu...??

    Trev67, Feb 15, 2005