    But the brass ring would be if devices in the house could just
    automagically grab whichever WAP is available.

    Is there any way to make that happen?

    (PeteCresswell), Mar 29, 2010

  2. Hi
    If you use expensive Pro APs (Like Cisco) you might get real seamless.
    With regular End-User hardware, set the APs to the same SSID and put each
    one on a different channel.
    YMMV, it would work but it would be spotty. I.e., Wireless computer sometime
    would stay on a weaker AP when you move around and you would need to switch
    them manually.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)..

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 29, 2010