Sealife DC500 - Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CJB, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. CJB

    CJB Guest

    Joe Iocona the export manager of Sealife has just emailed folk with the
    following page of issues with the DC500, rather hidden on their site
    at:

    http://www.sealife-cameras.com/download/dc500/DC500_Troubleshooting_Feb06.pdf

    He also added:

    Although in theory it's possible to use the DC500 with the macro lens,
    in practice it isn't. Without the macro lens you can get into 2" with
    the camera anyway. You can't zoom though the lenses so you can't get
    any closer without the additional macro lens. However, the depth of
    field is so small on the macro lens with the Dc500 attached, that
    unless you were (and I quote) "a professional diver" you wouldn't be
    able to stay still long enough for the picture to work, because the
    field of focus is so narrow.

    Also see Firmware info. at:

    http://www.sealife-cameras.com/service/firmware.html

    CJB.