SDM Express hangs on install to Cisco 857 Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by speedymct, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. speedymct

    speedymct Guest

    I have bought a Cisco 857 Router & can connect to it using the default
    ip address 10.10.10.1

    I launch the SDM express software & fill in all relevent details as
    instructed in the manual, then as I get to the screen where the data
    is uploaded to the router, the hourglass cursor appears & just hangs
    there. The "Finish" button is never displayed & the hourglass just
    stays there indefinitely. Is it possible that there's something wrong
    with the router? I have downloaded the latest SDM software from Cisco
    & installed it on the Router & PC.

    I have also tried configuring the router without changing the default
    IP address & it make no difference

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Gary

    speedymct, Feb 15, 2007

  2. speedymct

    Bod43 Guest

    I have found that cisco GUI software to be somewhat picky as
    regards Browser settings.

    I now don't try to use it at all. I have spent too long looking
    at houglass icons and don't bother with it.

    I think that CCO has a document that lists all of the
    special browser settings required.

    You could try removing all security, enabling all scripting.

    Or alternatively become a browser securty expert and
    figure out the minimum that you need.

    Start with making the router a trusted site.

    Bod43, Feb 15, 2007

  3. speedymct

    Ian Wilson Guest

    I've had problems with SDM but not with SDM Express. SDM only works with
    older versions of the Java Runtime Environment.

    You might check what version of Java you are using.

    If you open the Java Console, you might see if SDM Express is producing
    java error messages. This would at least indicate that the problem is
    with SDM Express and not in the router.

    Ian Wilson, Feb 15, 2007