    http://www.pbase.com/image/22194299/original

    Sigma sunset, photograph:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/25443745/original

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004

  2. SNIP
    You are behaving childish by comparing camera shake and poor focus with well
    focused images. Now go out and play with the other kids of your age...

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 31, 2004

  3. I just asked you, what has a 2x2 RGGB grid pixel to do with Bayer?
    Since you can't even give a straight answer to a simple question, I'll
    answer it for you; nothing.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Silly me, I thought the 10D had AF too.

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Use a faster shutter next time. Use 1/focal length x 1.6 so at 50mm that
    would be 50 * 1.6 = 1/80s or faster. Or upgrade to 28-135mm IS USM.
    This picture is must have been converted from RAW to jpg with
    Photoshop CS. The red is far too pale to have been done with FVU or
    C1.

    Povl H. Pedersen, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Luca Arnulfo

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    Right on both counts: You're silly and the 10D has AF.

    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 31, 2004
  7. You wouldn't know it had AF. Look at every pic in the gallery, the 10D
    missed every single one by a mile. Really blurry camera, worst of all the
    Bayer DSLRs and that is saying a lot.

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Luca Arnulfo

    Crownfield Guest

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Photoshop's RAW converter is garbage, unfortunately. So, no.

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Yes, the Canon's skin tones are horrid.

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Luca Arnulfo

    Crownfield Guest

    yes george, sunset adds yellow unless you balance for it.

    but george, did you look at the image identified as sigma?
    a really ghastly attempt to render skin tones.
    they look like they are about to throw up.

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  12. The Canon is 10X worse.

    George Preddy, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Luca Arnulfo

    Crownfield Guest

    actually, no.

    not even close, to anyone who understands
    the nature of the color balance.

    have you ever worked with critical color balancing?
    the way you talk here, you do not seem very experienced.

    anyone can balance the canon image,
    it was just taken in light of a low color temp.

    the sigma shows a sickly greenish face color,
    which anyone can see is sickly and unnatural.

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  14. It has nothing to do with color balance, because the 10D bright neon cheese
    skin colors are all blown and severely clipped.

    George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004
  15. Luca Arnulfo

    Crownfield Guest

    ok, george. obviously you are all sound and fury,
    signifying nothing.
    your opinions, stated as facts,
    are so obviously ignorant and untrue,
    and so far out of touch with the real world
    as to make them worthless in a real world.

    Crownfield, Feb 1, 2004
  16. I can
    muse endlessly too
    about things unrelated
    to anything
    discussed in the message
    to which I reply
    but I choose not to.

    George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004
  17. Downloaded and checked the picture. Found no clipping. The red channel (the
    brightest one in the faces) was well below 250 everywhere. Moreover, it was
    rather easy to make it look good with less red and more blue.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 1, 2004
  18. Post your idea of good, please.

    George Preddy, Feb 1, 2004
  19. SNIP
    People might, if only you stopped lying, so I guess it will never happen,
    will it?

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 1, 2004
  20. -20 red and +10 blue in photoshop, applied to mid and high tones
    is one suggestion.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 1, 2004