    the robustness of the body and its dimensions. Is it bulky as it looks like,
    compared to more modern camera (i.ee. EOS 10D, 300D, Pentax *ist)?

    Luca

    Luca Arnulfo, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Luca Arnulfo

    John Bean Guest

    It is very bulky, and quite heavy. The build quality is very good - and it
    bounces quite well, with only cosmetic damage :)

    It's a camera you need to handle to see if it suits you, it balances very
    well with large fast zooms.

    John Bean, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Luca Arnulfo

    Luca Arnulfo Guest

    My basic idea is to get a 24-70 f/2,8 and a 70-200 f/2,8. I suppose that's
    what you define "fast zoom". I hope to be able to try one before purchasing
    (on line).

    L.A.

    Luca Arnulfo, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Luca Arnulfo

    John Bean Guest

    Yes, exactly what I mean. Good lens choice, they're both excellent lenses.
    I like "chunky" cameras, so it's perfect for me.

    John Bean, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Luca Arnulfo

    CBM Guest

    Do they make good pictures,? I don,t care if they big and require two
    batteries to work I just want good results.

    CBM, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Luca Arnulfo

    Crownfield Guest

    have you ever tried google.com?
    have you looked at older posts here?

    Crownfield, Jan 26, 2004
  7. Luca Arnulfo

    Mark M Guest

    No.

    Mark M, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Luca Arnulfo

    CBM Guest

    Where do I go to see bad pictures. I thought this was a great new way to
    produce great pictures without the Bayer system,
    I think I should get a Nikon 5700 and get it over with, Maybe a Canon.

    CBM, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Luca Arnulfo

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 26, 2004
  10. Yeah. which is odd isn't it? considering how that chip is said to be
    technically superior to other CCD and CMOS sensors.
    Heh. Marketing hype? Or is it like how sony did not want to let many others
    manufacture betamax?

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Jan 26, 2004
  11. Geir Magne Lauritzen, Jan 26, 2004
  12. It takes great pictures, check the photos on Pbase.com that are
    posted. Remember that every camera has it's positive and negative
    points whether the name on it is Sigma, Canon, Nikon, etc.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 26, 2004
  13. Luca Arnulfo

    CBM Guest

    I have read that the cost saving of the SD9 over the SD10 would buy a better
    lens to make up for the chip incentive to light.I just wish SD9 were only
    $499 each maybe $299..

    CBM, Jan 26, 2004
  14. Luca Arnulfo

    CBM Guest

    Why are most good pictures taken at iso 100, I would like a camera to take
    good pictures without noise, at iso 400, which one would it be? the SD9 or
    a canon.

    CBM, Jan 26, 2004
  15. Luca Arnulfo

    AArDvarK Guest

    AArDvarK, Jan 26, 2004
  16. Luca Arnulfo

    AArDvarK Guest

    AArDvarK, Jan 26, 2004
  17. At ISO 400, the SD9 would not be a good choice. The SD10 is
    certainly much better with higher ISOs. It was a concern at first
    with my choosing an SD9 until I realized that I do virtually all of my
    shooting at ISO 100. The SD10 will set you back over $ 1,500.00 US,
    about the same as a Canon 10D but more than the 300D (dRebel). I'm
    sure either Canon would prove to be a fine choice for you.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 26, 2004
  18. Luca Arnulfo

    Dave Oddie Guest

    FYI Sigma have a deal for exclusive use of the foveon sensor. Hence the lack
    of other cameras using it.

    Dave

    Dave Oddie, Jan 27, 2004
  19. Luca Arnulfo

    Larry Guest

    They didn't NEED it.

    No other manufacturer would take the step down

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    Larry, Jan 27, 2004