    Where will I see this performance difference?
    Does it make a difference when taking a picture? ie. time to next shot?

    Thanks

    E-Star, Oct 19, 2004

  2. E-Star

    Mr Jessop Guest

    It will if the camera can write at that extra speed. You mostly notice it
    when using a card reader and copying to your hard drive.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 20, 2004

  3. E-Star

    Chris Guest

    What's the fastest speed for an SD memory card now? I saw 60X advertised
    somewhere. Is that the same as 10MB/s? I'm looking at buying a couple from
    www.gadgeet.com. I need a fast memory card for my digital camera.

    TIA. Chris

    Chris, Oct 21, 2004
  4. E-Star

    Mr Jessop Guest

    I would concentrate on finding out what speed your camera can actually make
    use of.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004
  5. E-Star

    Patrick Boch Guest

    Look around for a Nikon 4500...Great camera/should be cheap...durable...many
    accessories...SD memory sucks...Have no idea why the went that direction...

    --
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{)
    Patrick

    Patrick Boch, Oct 23, 2004
  6. E-Star

    Chris Guest

    It's a good point. Ok, I've been looking around on usenet but found no
    information for my Kodak DX7590. if you got some links, I'd really appreciate
    it!

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 23, 2004
  7. E-Star

    Mr Jessop Guest

    given the price point of this camera i would be surprised if it could make
    use of a sandisk ultra II. Most cameras make up for this by having a
    buffer. Find out if it has one and how many pics it can take continuously
    before stopping to write to the card.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 23, 2004
  8. "SD memory sucks"

    Why?