    Is this sort of thing repairable, or is it simply a matter of popping for a
    new mouse?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Jim Beaver

    °Mike° Guest

    Try a new mouse.

    °Mike°, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Jim Beaver

    Plato Guest

    Mice are pretty cheap. Try a new one. It's a good habit to keep a spare
    around anyway, along with a spare keyboard, even if its only a five
    dollar one for emergencies.

    Plato, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    While googling "mouse scrolling wheel troubleshooting" I found a page that
    mentioned in passing that the scroll wheel also acts like a button which can
    be pushed to achieve a different effect. Trying that out on a whim, I found
    the different effect, but more pertinently, when I pushed it again to
    disengage the new effect, I found that my scroll wheel worked again. No
    further problems. So I submit that a sudden stoppage of scroll-wheel
    function might possibly be remedied by pushing the wheel as a one does a
    button and then doing it again.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Dec 4, 2004
  5. There are people who do not have money or children, in which to point
    out failed marriages.

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Jim Beaver

    GFG Guest

    Or do a reallly good clean up on the one you have.

    GFG, Dec 5, 2004