    range" I click OK and it closes the game ...Anybody what this means? It
    happens at exactly the same place each time.

    Bob

    Bob B, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Bob B

    Duane Arnold Guest

    It means that the program is using an Array table holding elements of data
    which is accessed by using an Index counter. The counter is incremented from
    1 to max Array count to access an element in the Array.table..

    As an example, the Array holds 20 elements (it can be any number of
    elements), the index counter into the array was incremented to 21, there
    is no 21 and therefore "script runtime error: Index out of range" .

    It's a program problem the program was not tested properly and was released
    with a bug in it.

    You should contact the author of the program about the problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    Thanks for that...bit above my head but I get the idea!!...I was the second
    person to play that CD so I will check with the first person to use it and
    see if they had the same problem . It happened near the end of the game !

    Bob

    Bob B, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    I have just found a number of people have reported the same fault at the
    same place on the game....and also in other games in the CSI series!

    Bob

    Bob B, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Bob B

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I guess the company doesn't have a Quality Assurance Dept to test the
    products to make sure everything works prior to releasing them.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Bob B

    jkugler Guest

    Man this really ticks me off I have CSI: Miami and am having same error
    come up in case 5 at the assembly table I went to ubisofts website and
    downloaded a fix for this issue but the problem still persists. I am so
    pissed am so close to finishing the game and i am screwed waste of
    money if you ask me. they offer no more support for this issue other
    than the patch that appearantly does no good give it a shot and let me
    know if it works for you here is the url

    http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=743

    If you can get this to work for you let me know it wont for me. I know
    my system meets the system requirements i am running a p4 3200mhz cpu
    512 mb ram 128mb radeon 9200 se video card so this is not an issue as
    far as i can see. Anyways there is the link I hope you have better
    luck with it than i do let me know how you make out.

    good luck and thanx :)

    jkugler, Jul 30, 2006
  7. Bob B

    jkugler Guest

    UPDATE!!!!!

    THIS refers to my previous post of the patch not working. What you
    must do is install the patch then RESTART the CASE NOT THE GAME you had
    the problem in for instance in my situation i was playing csi miami
    case 5 final judgement when i approached the assembly table to piece
    together the picture found in the floor of the judges place it would
    crash and give me the above mentioned error. after applying the patch
    i started CASE 5 over and was able to complete it with no more problems

    also the included updater located in the program directory under update
    for what ever reason does not pick up this patch i dont know why but
    who knows must visit the page in last post to obtain the patch

    I hope this will work for you I know its a pain in the a$$ but is worth
    it just to see how this case ends.

    GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU!!!

    jkugler, Jul 30, 2006
  8. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    I was pissed off and uninstalled the game, then flung the CD at the
    neighbours cat ...mind I did have a quick look at a walkthrough so I know I
    was very near the end!!

    Bob

    Bob B, Jul 30, 2006
  9. Bob B

    jkugler Guest

    LMFAO!!!

    jkugler, Aug 1, 2006
  10. Bob B

    quang274

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here is the answers and this is the link for the error message script runing time index out of range
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_7944.shtml
    download the patch then restart the case.

    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    quang274, Jan 2, 2015