    So if anybody knows the site I am referring to, please enlighten me...

    Regards
    Nicholas Oxhøj

    noxhoej, Sep 12, 2005

  2. noxhoej

    Jeremy Guest

    I recently received a newsletter from some photo site, among other
    things advertising a new possibility of creating a Windows screensaver
    from an online album, automatically updating the screensaver whenever
    new photos were added to the album.

    OFOTO offered that feature on its software. I haven't checked their site
    since it became the Kodak Gallery, but the free software is probably still
    there, albeit under a new name.

    Jeremy, Sep 12, 2005

  3. noxhoej

    noxhoej Guest

    Thanks, but I am not sure that Kodak Gallery (formerly Ofoto) is it. At
    least I can't find such a feature. They do have a downloadable OfotoNow
    application for uploading and ordering photos. This apparently also
    allows creating a (local) screensaver from (local) files, but that is
    all I can find...

    noxhoej, Sep 12, 2005
  4. noxhoej

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings,

    I suspect that they feature in question relates to a new option from
    the EasyShare Gallery. It now offers:

    · Your unique kodakgallery.com/yourname web address.
    · A new and improved photo display.
    · Slideshow or album views, with room to add text.
    · Secure storage for your pictures.
    · One-click publishing to make creating your page easy.
    · Hi-res downloads of your original image files.

    For an additional $20 a year, you can get $.10 cent prints for that
    same year.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Sep 13, 2005
  5. I recently received a newsletter from some photo site, among other
    On MacOS X you just put the photos in any folder and point the
    built-in screensaver at it (from System Preferences). Nothing
    needs to be added or created.

    <http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/> for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975

    Jack Campin - bogus address, Sep 14, 2005
  6. noxhoej

    noxhoej Guest

    You can do this as well in Windows (at least in Windows XP), but I was
    thinking of a screensaver automatically getting the photos from some
    location on the web - not a local folder on the PC. This would for
    instance let grandparents run the screensaver on their machines and
    when the proud father (i.e. me) added new pictures of the kids to some
    album/folder on the relevant web-service (e.g. photos.yahoo.com,
    pictures.aol.com, Flickr - whichever has this screensaver), they would
    autmatically be included in the screensaver(s) on the different PC's.

    I know that this is apparently possible if you are using a Mac together
    with a .mac account and for PC's I have found http://screenzz.com/, but
    thought that I had seen one of the major "photo album sites" offering
    such a service...

    noxhoej, Sep 14, 2005
  7. noxhoej

    Ron Hunter Guest

    There are MANY Windows programs that allow cycling through a directory
    to display pictures as a screensaver. Just adding to the directory
    would include the new pictures into the screensaver. Marketing hype!

    Ron Hunter, Sep 15, 2005
  8. noxhoej

    noxhoej Guest

    Ok, I have found out that there exists quite a few screensavers for
    Flickr which seem to do exactly what I want (at least judging from
    their descriptions), so maybe I just have to sign up for a Flickr Pro
    account to get my screensaver, although I had hoped for a cheaper
    solution :)

    Since nobody have mentioned this in reply to my question, I list a
    couple of links for the record...

    http://www.wackylabs.net/2005/09/flickr-screensaver-40/
    http://1001.kung-foo.tv/
    http://www.md.ucl.ac.be/nefy/facecatlab/mouraux/glfs/
    http://www.bit-101.com/blog/archives/000182.html
    http://graemef.com/?q=node/440

    If this triggers any relevant information of alternative solutions,
    please let me know...

    noxhoej, Sep 27, 2005
  9. I recently received a newsletter from some photo site, among other
    On MacOS 10.4/Tiger (which I don't have) you can make some sort of
    "virtual folder" dynamically - I would guess that you could make the
    built-in screensaver point at a folder whose contents were defined
    by a script to pull in the images from remote servers by ftp or http.
    You shouldn't need a .mac account to do it, and Automator ought to
    mostly create the script for you. But this is mainly guesswork and
    something I haven't thought of might get in the way.

    <http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/> for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975

    Jack Campin - bogus address, Sep 27, 2005
  10. noxhoej

    Jim Guest

    Webshots.com

    Jim, Oct 4, 2005