  1. Jim Berwick

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Mine does this because of my nVidia drivers.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Jim Berwick

    James Doyle Guest

    Hi,

    I dont know if anyone can help with this but it seems a bit odd. Basically
    when I start windows the desktop will appear for about a second, before the
    screen goes black briefly. The desktop thenn appears as normal. I have no
    idea as to what is causing this, but I am concerned that it could be
    something more sinister.

    Does anyone know what might be causing it and what I can do to stop it?

    My system details are as follows.

    Gigabyte GA-7N400-L motherboard
    796mb DDR400 PC3200 ram
    Athlon XP 3200+
    Leadtek A360td GeForce 5700
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    Screen res 1280-1024 @ 60hz

    If I have missed anything out let me know.

    Thanks

    James Doyle, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Jim Berwick

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Exactly the same with my home PC with the nVidia. The system at work has a
    different video system, and I don't have that happen.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Jim Berwick

    Ira Levant Guest

    Me three. Same scenario with nVidia card.

    Ira Levant, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Jim Berwick

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - maybe if James ever checks back in, we can ask him what video card he
    has <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Jim Berwick

    ICee Guest

    It must be something fundamental to the OS, since mine does it also, and
    I have an ATI video card.

    ICee, Jul 2, 2004
  7. I'd guess offhand that the first flash is the video card operating in
    vanilla VGA 640x480 mode; then when the video driver loads and starts, it
    blanks the screen, does its Thing and gives you the display back at the
    resolution you've set it to.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Jim Berwick

    ICee Guest

    That makes sense. I'm sure that's exactly what happens. Certainly
    nothing to be concerned about.

    ICee, Jul 2, 2004