    problem.

    Thanks

    Dwight

    Dwight Trumbower, Sep 9, 2004

  2. More info.

    If I unplug the power cable from the motherboard, the power supply fan
    does not turn on. When I reconnect the power cable to the motherboarc,
    the power supply fan starts.

    Dwight Trumbower, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Dwight Trumbower

    Jerry G. Guest

    If the power supply is unplugged from the mother board it is normal that the
    main sections of the supply will shut down!

    For your problem, it can be either the monitor, or the display card, or a
    fault on the mother board. The processes of elimination is the test to do
    here. See if you can first try another monitor or display card to start.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 9, 2004
  4. The problem now, is I can't get the pc to boot. The power button is
    lit, like it is already turned on. The video is built in and I can't
    change the settings, unless I can boot.

    Dwight Trumbower, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Dwight Trumbower

    fuctifino Guest

    if it wont boot itll be the graphics card thats nackered, try a shitty old
    card to see if it is.

    fuctifino, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Its a built in card.

    Dwight Trumbower, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Dwight Trumbower

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would certainly try the power supply for a start. You will have to use
    the process of illimination for this one. There are too many things that
    can produce your symptom. I have even seen a bad mother board do
    something like this. It is more often to see a power supply failure,
    rather than a mother board failure.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======