    I think some components in M$ Outlook may be same as IE -- since Outlook
    also will cause the flashing to start.

    Any other tips appreciated.

    DWACON, Mar 5, 2006

  2. DWACON

    Trax Guest

    |>It seems that launching IE6 starts the six-second screen flashing. I ran
    |>the latest Microsoft hotfixes but the problem persists. Will try installing
    |>Firefox to see if it is an IE specific problem.
    |>
    |>I think some components in M$ Outlook may be same as IE -- since Outlook
    |>also will cause the flashing to start.
    |>
    |>Any other tips appreciated.

    Where's your remote?

    My keyboard sit besides me when not in use, when something like this
    happens it's usually the remote sitting on a key, most likely the
    enter.

    Not it, try a re-boot.

    Trax, Mar 5, 2006

  3. DWACON

    DWACON Guest

    Nothing sitting on the keyboard...

    And it stopped after a while...

    Maybe some combination of software affecting the NVIDIA drivers?

    Who knows!

    Ran AV scan and PestPatrol -- system clean.

    DWACON, Mar 5, 2006
  4. DWACON

    Whiskers Guest

    A 'system bell' set to 'silent' makes the screen 'flash'.

    Whiskers, Mar 5, 2006
  5. DWACON

    Plato Guest

    People who have trouble writing MS and write M$ often have trouble
    reading docs and often have trouble doing basic PC operations.

    Plato, Mar 7, 2006