SCO NZ's O'Shaughnessy Spits Dummy

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cheetah, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Guest

    Cheetah, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Cheetah

    thing Guest

    I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.
    I cannot see to many companies myself, given these downright lies, maybe
    he can become an Insurance salesman or sell real estate or something, I
    guess there is always second hand cars.... He will probably be lucky in
    that it will be his US bosses facing what I hope will come out of this,
    not just the total defeat of SCO but legal action against its directors
    both civil (class action) and criminal.

    IBM's counterstrikes are somewhat remarkable, and deadly by the looks of
    it, if justice is done then SCO is just so screwed in depth and breadth.
    IBM is on the offensive now, I think they have been quiet and competant
    in their war with SCO and that bodes well for the battle that is about
    to start and the one that counts, the one in front of the judge.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Cheetah

    BTMO Guest

    The upper echelons of the IT industry are liberally sprinkled with abject
    failures. It seems that the best way to get ahead in the field is to loose a
    gazillion dollars of someone elses money, utterly fail to deliver on some
    huge project or make more and ever more bizarre claims about some aspect or
    other of software ownership.

    Failure is the path to greatness.

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Cheetah

    thing Guest

    yeah I sometimes wonder....gift of the gab......

    From my observations on life, the sort of people who tend to do this
    are also the ones most suseptable to it....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Cheetah

    Cheetah Guest

    Me either, but I bet it involves asking people "if they would like fries
    with that".
    What will probably occur is that IBM will take SCO for millions in damages
    for filing a meritless court case with no evidence. The problem is that
    Darl and Co will just walk away, and the message this will send is that you
    can lie and damage other peoples businesses with impunity.

    What should happen after the civil case is over is a criminal case against
    the Directors of SCO, and have Darl end up doing hard time. That would be a
    clear message to those who want to try this kind of behaviour again.

    Cheetah, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Cheetah

    thing Guest

    Given how big Darl's mouth has been and that the likes of even Baystar
    got suckered, Im willing to bet a civil action will turn up at the very
    least.

    You only have to look at the meaningless class action against RH over
    restating thier earnings to realise the Yanks will sue over anything.

    SCO's conduct has to be a classic in these terms, given how meritless
    the case is panning out to be, how much money has been lost and how much
    Darl has gabbed and a SEC investigation has to be justifiable...

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Aug 29, 2004