    the best way to prevent screen cheating is to lock them up in different rooms!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA

    x knows all about screencheating :p

    Al, have u got a local lan party running near u? if not man you should set one up. I am sure a 24 port switch aint going to cost much, and u can host it in your garage or in a hall or something, doesn't mean u have to have inet :p

    unholy, Jun 11, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Man, I'm getting tired. The boys are still at it. We have four playing in my house, and one on-line. Two guys had to leave, and I'm going to bed. It was fun. Lasted 4.5 hours for me.

    Nathan, we are still on that same server. It can handle tons of people and we still have a low ping.

    bigal, Jun 11, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I wish you'd move to Philly, there are NO count 'em, NO lanparties here, ever, anywhere, period, it sucks!

    The Modfather, Jun 11, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know what the big issue is? It's power. You will find it very hard to run a bunch of computers from one household circuit (say in one room). That means a bunch of thick extension cords from other circuits in the house.

    Modfather - You can always get up a little earlier and connect. We were looking for you. This was an excellent server, capable of hosting 50 players. There were some good guys on there last night. :ciao:

    bigal, Jun 11, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    It's not a matter of getting up earlier, I'm up then, but I'm doing stuff that's family related. It's when everyone goes to bed that I get a chance to get online. Which is usually after midnight.

    The Modfather, Jun 13, 2006
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i envy US ppl and their leet inet connections!!! i want fiber :(

    did i hear what Modfather said in relation to al post. yous finish a lan BEFORE midnight???? and u call it a lan.... shame... try going through the night and til 4pm the next afternoon :p (Coke or any caffine related product helps :), that includes a teaspoon of coffee everyone hour!)

    Al Power isn't an issue when u can get 2 3-phase circuits :) MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sry i will settle down. But still, u could mod your circuit box to withstand 90% of all power in ur house to go to ur garage :) its called a industrial 200 Amp breaker :), to bad its a pain to find a 2 phase one :(

    unholy, Jun 13, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    We can get breakers like that at any Home Depot here dude. :)

    And yeah, it ain't a lanparty if it stops before midnight, hell, it shouldn't even get started until around then. Cases of Bawls will help.

    The Modfather, Jun 14, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The party didn't stop before midnight. I was still playing at 12:30AM. Remember I do have a 9-6 job M-F. And besides, I'm over 40. I'm considering the need for a few cots in the basement so I can lay down and rest my poor bones inbetween frag sessions.

    Seriously though, it's my right wrist that limits my gaming time. There is no getting around the fact that it starts hurting after about an hour of gaming. That's just the way it is. So I don't game straight through the night like the other guys - I get on / get off for short periods. It also allows me to take some pictures, like you saw. Also, there are some review items we tested during the LAN session. Check over at www.fastlanehw.com in about another week for 2 reviews that I'm working on.

    bigal, Jun 14, 2006
  9. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    LAME excuse, I'm 41 and I don't use that as an excuse, on top of which I'm a lot more messed up than you are, so quit yer whining and get yer game face on! :)

    Seriously though, I'm still waiting to hear back from the admin over there about starting to do reviews. What happened?

    The Modfather, Jun 15, 2006
  10. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've been wondering why your reviews haven't started. I think he's waiting on you, but I haven't discussed your situation at all so I really don't know. I suggest you go there and PM him. He responds within hours usually.

    Also, go check out my new review. It's a set of gaming headphones.

    bigal, Jun 15, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well, look at this. It's Saturday night again, and it's soon gonna be time to game. Now tonight's session won't get too exciting until about 10:30PM, since Uncle Greg will be busy doing the "evening out" with the spousal unit until that time. I expect that things will get real exciting around 11PM. So if you don't join our specified server by 10:30PM-11PM, you are sleeping too late.

    Tonight's server will be specified here by 8PM. One issue we are trying to resolve is the patch version. If we upgrade all machines to patch version 1.3, then we can't see / use our favorite online server from last weekend. We had all machines running version 1.2 last time. However, I went ahead and upgraded two machines to version 1.3 after the last gaming session, not knowing it would have a negative effect in not allowing us to use version 1.2 servers.

    We might just upgrade all the machines to version 1.3 and find a new server. I will let you know in this topic by 8PM tonight. It would be wise for everyone to go ahead and download the 1.3 patch if you can without actually running it. If we go ahead with version 1.3, you will be able to install it within a few minutes. Once you go to version 1.3, you can't go back to version 1.2; you would have to uninstall and then reinstall the game. I am hesitant to do that.

    Stay tuned. It's 6:40PM right now on EST.

    Update: I'm going out to get pizza. Gaming server will be posted at 9PM EST, not 8PM EST. Go for version 1.3. I recommend you install it now, as there are two more maps in there and we want to find a server that runs those new maps.

    Update 9:40PM: Ok, we had some glitches installing the 1.3 version patch. I had to uninstall and reinstall the COD2 on one machine, but 4 other machines had no problem. Go figure. Anyway, go to this server: FmG Cust Maps . There will be 3-4 downloads that take about 4 minutes.

    Ok, this server just isn't starting a game. We had 4 people all configured and it just sat there recruiting. So right now we are looking for another server.... 10:24PM EST

    Finally - here's where we are: (S2k)Bot-o-Matic Server[Europe] Team Death Match Ver 1.3 10:48PM EST

    Now we are on server "United Front Gaming". It's a team deathmatch. The last server was fine, except that Tom didn't like killing bots. 10:59PM EST.

    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
    bigal, Jun 17, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    you should use xFire bigal, that way u's can tell each other in milliseconds which server u's are on. cause it does it for u :)

    unholy, Jun 18, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'll have to learn about that. Anyway, we are tired already. It only lasted about 1.5 hours for the intense part, but it was fun. Sorry we had to keep jumping around to different servers tonight.

    Here are some pictures, taken about an hour ago:

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Jun 18, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I left the last Email to him waiting on a reply, never got one. Weird, I'll check the site. <Shrug>

    The Modfather, Jun 18, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Another gaming day will occur on Sunday, July 16th, at about 12 noon EST. We have our Marine friend (Greg) coming over with his machine (Maskirovka) that I built for him a few years ago. We should be gaming between noon and 6PM - that's when I have to start grilling the chicken. Our wives are going out to an Opera (Little Women). Server details to be announced, but you know it's going to be Call of Duty 2 version 1.3.

    bigal, Jul 16, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    http://www.xfire.com/ for the client.

    make urself an account and u just need to run it when playing games, get other people to reigister and then all be on xfire to see what server and what game u are playing, but some games dont support what server ur playing on.

    PS: I should get COD2 just to own u noobz!

    Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
    unholy, Jul 16, 2006
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Forget Xfire. We have it on one machine, but I'm not impressed.

    Right now we are on "-=KwP=- The Savage". See if you can join us. I'm called "Panty Man" this time - don't ask questions!

    bigal, Jul 16, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    After several hours playing COD2, all players admitted that I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once I showed them who was boss, every one just laid down their arms and surrendered. Oh wait a minute, that was a day dream. I actually got my ass kicked again. Oh well...

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Jul 16, 2006
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    why are u panty man :p

    unholy, Jul 17, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I specifically said, "Don't ask questions". But you ask anyway. If you must know, I only made it up to generate controversy. To stir the pot, as it were. Also, it was the first name that popped into my head. Most of my ideas are a result of the first thing that pops into my head.

    Now that I answered your question, tell us why you are called Unholy....

    bigal, Jul 17, 2006