Scenario 4: Multi Areas OSPF

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by David Sudjiman, May 29, 2006.

  1. Just sharing one of my scenario. Hope it can helps for those who are
    pursuing CCNA/CCNP.

    http://www.davidsudjiman.info/?p=108

    Configure the routers using the following information:

    * Each router connected using point-to-point network link.
    * Serial link on Router 3 (R3) to Router 4 (R4) is DTE-DCE.
    * Use only OSPF routing protocol.
    * Each OSPF process should use Router number (Eg. Router 1 (R1) has
    OSPF process ID 1).
    * Do not use Loopback interface.
    * Use specific Router ID using address 20.20.20.<Router number>
    (Eg. Router 1 (R1) has Router ID 20.20.20.1).
    * Do not involve any Designated Router (DR).
    * Do not use dynamic layer 3 to layer 2 mapping on any of these
    frame relay connections, instead, use static mapping.
    * Frame relay link between R3 and R4 is provided as backup link.
    Use the Serial link as primary link. Do not use backup interface command
    to accomplish this.
    * Router 4 (R4) should not receive ospf summary and external
    updates from Router 3 (R3).
    * Routing in Router 4 (R4) should appear as follows:

    10.0.0.0/30 is subnetted, 2 subnets
    C 10.10.10.8 is directly connected, Serial0.1
    C 10.10.10.12 is directly connected, Serial1
    O*IA 0.0.0.0/0 [110/74] via 10.10.10.13, 00:00:36, Serial1

    --
    thx
    David Sudjiman

    http://www.davidsudjiman.info