scatter/gather test

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by wkevin, Jul 17, 2012.

  1. wkevin

    wkevin Guest

    Hello,
    Many Linux nic drivers implement scatter/gather test.
    activating the driver scatter/gather is done via ethtool by:
    ethtool -K etho sg on

    Now, I want to perforrm a test using scatter gather.
    Namely, that the nf_frags of the SKB in the TX path will be greater than 0.

    What should I do ?

    (Many drivers have a special treatment to the case of nr_frags>=0, for example,
    cp_start_xmit in drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/8139cp.c, the nic I use, buy in
    many many other network cards).

    So - can somebody suggest a test (using some user space tool, or some code)?

    regards,
    Kevin

    wkevin, Jul 17, 2012