    which can be easily corrected in colour balance (Photoshop). Presumably
    this might be due to the scanner, I don' t know. thanks in advance for
    any comments.

    nobody nowhere, Apr 30, 2004

  2. www.scantips.com

    Andrew Koenig, Apr 30, 2004

  3. First, congratulations on the 8000.
    I never heard of scanned negatives being noisy, let alone excessively
    noisy. However under certain conditions such as either extremely
    thin, or extremely dense negatives or slides the system may create its
    own noise. This can sometimes be eliminated or modified by turning
    off the auto exposure and using the manual controls.
    In the last 7 weeks I've scanned in many thousands of negatives and
    slides and only notice the problems with the thin or dense images.
    This may be do to a color correction in the scanner or the scanner
    soft ware.
    If I view images in Photoshop Elements *some* which were slightly warm
    in the originals are excessively so in the displayed image. Go to
    PaintShop Pro and they look fine. So I think it's a setting I've
    missed in PE.
    The only thing is I keep finding more boxes of slides and prints. I
    found three boxes of slides, but about another thousand negatives
    tonight.

    I'm finding prints and slides I'd completely forgotten.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, May 1, 2004