    first right? I am pretty sure you cannot simply take the film right
    from there to the slide scanner.

    Mike McWhinney

    eljainc, Jun 9, 2006

  2. eljainc

    tomm42 Guest

    Yes you have to get it developed, I'd take it to an independent lab,
    preferably with an old crusty guy running it. There are slight
    dimmensional differences between instamatic and 35mm and very different
    perforations, so you need an operator who has seen this film before.
    They probably won't be able to print the film for the same reasons. The
    film may not work in your film attachment (different perforations) but
    you can mount the film in slide mounts, there were ones made for
    instamatic, check B&H etc. as the frame is 26mmx26mm slightly wider
    than a 35mm frame. Scanning though should be no problem if you mount
    the film.

    Tom

    tomm42, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Mike-

    Good luck on finding a place that can handle 126 cartridges! If your
    local Walmart/Walgreens won't touch it, try a real photo shop. Even if
    they can't handle it, they will probably know where to send it for
    processing.

    Once you get the negatives, you will find they are 35mm wide, and can be
    scanned just as if they were 35mm film. However, the frame is taller than
    standard 35mm (which is 24 mm tall), in that there are no sprocket holes
    on one side. As I recall, the frame is square rather than rectangular.
    Therefore, your scanner may not see the entire frame, and will crop either
    the top or bottom (Whichever does not have sprocket holes!).

    I have a 126 slide handy that has 1 1/32 inch square image window (26.2
    mm), so the frame must be around 28 mm square. Scanned, a negative would
    be cropped to about 24 mm X 28 mm, depending on your scanner.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Jun 9, 2006
  4. eljainc

    Frank ess Guest

    These were scanned from 126 film, the work done by a HP PhotoSmart
    S20. The HP software accommodated the 'reversal' and the size changes
    without complaint. The 2500ppi FotoSmart S20 scanner is no longer in
    production, but is on eBay for cheap, most times.
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/ADA0B155062B12B

    Frank ess, Jun 9, 2006
  5. eljainc

    Mike Berger Guest

    It depends on the exact film you have, but most of them can still
    be processed with available chemistry. You'll probably need a
    custom lab to do it though.

    Mike Berger, Jun 9, 2006
  6. Michael Benveniste, Jun 13, 2006