    I can only afford to pay that kind of money for the scanner.
    Thanks.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Jim

    Glenn jacobs Guest

    I don't have the Epson, but i do have the Minolta Dimage III which scans
    four slides if they are in slide holders or six if they are in a film
    strip. I have had it several years and it only cost $250. I have used the
    heck out of it with no problem whatsoever.

    It is about 6 mega-pixel and the resolution is close to what the original
    slides were.

    JakeInHartsel

    Jake

    Glenn jacobs, Jul 31, 2005

  3. Jim

    Alan Walker Guest

    That scanner has an auto film loader which will do strips of film. If
    your slides are in holders I'm not sure how to proceed.
    But if you only want to look at them on a monitor - no problem.

    Alan.

    Alan Walker, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks Alan.
    My slides are all in holders and I would want to scan them in their holders.
    I'm hoping someone can tell me if that is possible and what sort of quality
    to expect.
    I am going to look at one in PC World but the sales staff don't usually know
    this information.
    I won't be doing sufficient copying to warrant a top class scanner.
    Kind regards,
    Jim.

    Jim, Aug 1, 2005