    TIA,

    Jay Beckman
    Chandler, AZ

    Jay Beckman, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Jay Beckman

    Ed Velez Guest

    I have had mine for a year (my Xmas gift from last year) and I love
    it. Easy to set up and use and does a wonderful job scanning in
    photos and negatives. Wont get the quality of a full fledged
    negative scanner but does good enough for me. I have mine calibrated
    with the x-rite color system and use it alot with photoshop. It
    easily creates PDF files from scans as well if you need that.

    12/8/2006 9:24:26 PM

    Ed Velez, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Jay Beckman

    Jay Beckman Guest

    Thanks Ed,

    Jay Beckman, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Since you intend to scan 35 mm slides/negs this is simple. Do not buy a
    flatbed, any flatbed. Buy a dedicated film scanner. See earlier thread
    "Help scanning negatives, please" dated 1.12. in rec.photo.equipment.35mm

    Väinö Louekari

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?V=E4in=F6_Louekari?=, Dec 9, 2006
  5. Jay Beckman

    tomm42 Guest

    Check the Epson V700, use one and it is a good scanner. Would a Nikon
    LS5000 or 9000 be better, yes. But if you want multiple use that does
    good scans fast, up to 20 negs at a time. It is better than my Nikon
    LS2000 dedicated film scanner (yes a 5 year old scanner 2700ppi max).
    The V700 doesn't have the dynamic range problems and sharpness problems
    of most flatbeds. The pro section of the software is good too, I here
    the Canon software is not very good, though I haven't used it.

    Tom

    tomm42, Dec 9, 2006
  6. Jay Beckman

    Alan Browne Guest

    The more reliable/affordable scanners are the Minolta and Nikon's.
    Coolscan V, 5000. Minolta are of course out of that business.

    I'm selling my Minolta 5400, if you're interested (I bought the Nikon
    9000 ED to scan medium format). I'll be away for the next 10 days on
    business, however. e-mail me at the address above minus the lunch, if
    interested.

    Some of the earlier Canon film scanners had power supply issues that
    resulted in noise in the image. Not sure how they stand today.

    Avoid flatbeds, although the higher end Epson's are fairly decent.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 9, 2006