Scanner giving me "Memory error message" whenever I start it up.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knowledge, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    I have a 2003 Epson Perfection 3170 scanner. I'm using XP Pro SP2 with
    384mb ram. My processor speed is 600mb. Yesterday after scanning about
    60 stamps at one time, the scanner failed.
    Now every time I try and start it up to scan more stamps, I get this
    message:
    What could be causing this?

    escndv.exe - Application Error

    X The instruction at "0x1006aae1" referenced memory at "0x001e0000".
    The memory could not be written".

    Click on OK to terminate the program

    Click on Cancel to debug the program

    OK Cancel
    The Best Energy Builder in the West!!

    http://www.tryfrutavida.com/2283012

    http://www.frutavida.com/2283012

    http://www.telebay.com/7777

    business investing wall street trump kiyosaki best seller holiday
    yankees, red sox boston marathon, new york marathon, london marathon spring break
    earthquake tom cruise, katie holmes shorts, sweater
    numa numa good,evil mothers day, fathers day
    air conditioning, heating aluminium,aluminum summer camps
    sex love oral baby boomer Christmas New Years computers money loans credit cards gift
    American IdolLostSouth Park Smallville Family Guy CSI The Simpsons
    Scrubs Survivor Dancing with the Stars The top 10 bands of 2006 are:
    Green Day Pussycat Dolls Fall Out Boy Guns N Roses Rolling Stones
    Nickelback Evanescence Black-Eyed Peas All American Rejects The Fray
    Poker MySpace RuneScape Pamela Anderson Paris Hilton
    Pokemon WWE Golf Spyware Britney Spears NFL
    Dragonball Clay Aiken Halloween race bigotry white supremacy Naruto
    Baseball Limewire Neopets Lindsay Lohan NBA Jennifer Lopez
    Apple KaZaA Limewire Jessica Simpson Christmas Soccer
    Hilary Duff Anna Kournikova Maria Sharapova steffi Graf
    Prom Hairstyles Beyonce Carmen Electra Angelina Jolie
    Shakira Barbie YouTube Republican Democrat terrorist iraq afghanistand saudi arabia
    High School Musical Zac Efron Inuyasha Christina Aguilera
    Jessica Alba Harry Potter XBox dating network marketing direct sales home based business
    Wikipedia Easter PS2 Mariah Carey Lisa Keys Oprah Winfrey Bev Smith
    The Sims Tupac Yoga Snoop dog Eminem Michael Jackson OJ Simpson Rush Limbaugh
    reparations

    Knowledge, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Knowledge

    Evan Platt Guest

    384 is barely enough. I ran into problems when I had 512.
    Huh?

    MB = Megabyte. Do you mean 600 mhz?
    Reinstall the Epson software?
    <SNIP Keyword Spams>

    Turn that shit off.

    Evan Platt, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Knowledge

    fabricated Guest

    It seems to be a common error with Epson printer software.
    Thi is one known solution:
    http://www.mercuriuslab.com/item/425

    fabricated, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    Ok Evan thanks,

    I'll try reinstalling the software...IF... I can find it. Is it
    available online like the drivers are?

    Are there any programs that will check the memory and block off the
    portion that is going bad?

    On the first of February, I will be ordering 768MB of new memory and I
    will then sell this eight year old memory for a few dollars.

    When you or someone else hires me for a job that pays $50.00 an hour
    or up, I will gladly turn off all of this stuff and stop network
    marketing. That's why I started in the first place.

    Our Satanic government is allowing big corporations to shut down
    their American plants, putting people out of jobs, who have faithfully
    worked for them for decades, and relocated to Indian, and Mexico where
    they can get people to work for them for pennies an hour.

    These are the same devils who also leave your family members in Iraq
    being slaughtered so that they can put billions in the bank accounts
    of a very few already stinky rich Satanic people.

    Take out your anger on those people, and not some little guy trying to
    make an honest living please. :)

    Knowledge, Jan 15, 2007
  5. Knowledge

    Evan Platt Guest

    Have you tried looking on Epson's site, or using google?
    Yes - http://www.memtest86.com/ for one
    Not that I know of, but this may be just a not enough memory issue,
    not necessarily bad memory.
    356? A few is probably pushing it. :)
    Usenet isn't your billboard. To post a 12 line question, and have 70
    lines of advertising crap will get you a LOT worse comments than what
    I made. If you think my comments were harsh, just wait.
    Where's Indian?

    What, is the government supposed to not allow a company to do as they
    choose? If the government didn't allow companies to outsource, they'd
    be a Satanic Communist Rule.

    Catch 22.

    <SNIP More sniveling whine.
    Follow Usenet etiquette.

    Use a sig delimiter '--' followed by a blank line, and a sig not to
    exceed 4 lines.

    WTF is the point of your 10 line keyword spam shit anyway?

    Ohhh yes, so some moron using google groups will search for The Sims
    and see your shit? YOu think they'd then click on a link that says
    "Scanner giving me "Memory error"....

    Get a job.

    Evan Platt, Jan 15, 2007
  6. I was contemplating how to word a reply. I looked in the archives and I
    see he has already posted the same spam 'sig' several other places.
    ...affiliate spam links. and 60 more lines of useless keyword stuffing.
    <lol!> Anyone who depends on affiliate spam sales to sustain himself is
    taking a large chance.

    The Boulder Pledge applies to Usenet as well as email.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 15, 2007
  7. <plonk!>

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 15, 2007
  8. Knowledge

    Pennywise Guest

    This is an error DEP will give to older programs
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsxp/depcnfxp.mspx
    Use the link to exempt escndv.exe

    Pennywise, Jan 15, 2007
  9. Knowledge

    JANA Guest

    You need more RAM. XP should have a minimum on any PC of 512 mb to run
    efficiently. Then when running large applications, or doing photo work, more
    than 1 gb is normaly required.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jan 16, 2007
  10. to learn to snip, and quit quoting spam.

    Look up TOFU: Text Over, Fullquote Under

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 16, 2007