Scanner/Digital ICE question.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ockham's Razor, Sep 3, 2006.

  1. Is Digital Ice useful when scanning photos on a flat bed scanner?

    TIA

    Ockham's Razor, Sep 3, 2006

  2. Some scanners have a _different_ technology that recognizes dust on the
    surface and fixes it in hte scan.

    Real Digital ICE works on transparent media in which the dyes pass IR, i.e.
    color negative and color slide films.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Ockham's Razor

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Digital Ice also does this. Epson's V700 for example has Digital Ice for
    prints and it is done by and has the same name as the people that make
    Digital Ice for negatives and slides.

    It works quite well but can slow down the scan time. Doubling almost
    tripling it.

    Hebee Jeebes, Sep 3, 2006
  4. Ockham's Razor

    jeremy Guest

    I don't believe that ICE is available on flat bed scanners. Have you ever
    come across one?

    jeremy, Sep 4, 2006
  5. Many of the Epson scanners have digital ICE.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Sep 4, 2006
  6. Ockham's Razor

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Yes, My Epson V700 has it. It works fine, but slows it down. It works on
    both Prints and negatives/slides.

    Hebee Jeebes, Sep 4, 2006