    "Choose a place to save this group of pictures:"

    Is there any way to clear this list?

    (I tried searching the registry, but couldn't find such a list.)

    Rick Merrill, Feb 24, 2007

  2. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    This is coming from the "Common Dialog"

    COMDLG32.DLL (Windows) - Function List,

    But WHERE is the list kept? I can't find it in the registry
    or anywhere else.

    Rick Merrill, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Rick Merrill

    Henry Guest

    A search for the error message in google groups led to a posting from
    2005 where someone found the following solution.

    Found the answer.
    Here is what to do. This is for this specific field.

    I have deleted them from the registry & on reboot, they don't come
    back.

    As to where they were in the registry, took a bit of searching
    through
    security forums to find out where to look.

    In case anyone is interested, or has the problem themselves in the
    future,
    they are called MRU's & my particular one was found here:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/microsoft/windows/current
    version/WIA/WiaAcquisition Manager
    delete "RootFileNameMru"

    Back up the key first, just in case.

    Henry, Feb 27, 2007
  4. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    THANKS! It works for the DirectoryMRU too!

    No wonder I couldn't find it: it's stored in hex!

    Rick Merrill, Feb 27, 2007