    Thank you.
    Wal.

    ============================

    Wal, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Wal

    °Mike° Guest

    What do you mean by "Autoscan is enabled"?
    For scandisk to automatically run, you have to set
    AutoScan=2 in msdos.sys.

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Wal

    Wal Guest

    ============================

    Hi Mike,
    I have AutoScan set to the default AutoScan=1 in msdos.sys
    It should mean that it will prompt to run which it does not.
    I have tried AutoScan=2 but it still does not run automatically
    after a bad shutdown of windows.
    My guess is that I have a corrupt or missing line in the register
    but I have no idea which.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Wal.

    ======================================

    Wal, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Wal

    °Mike° Guest

    Try Start / Run / msconfig
    Press 'Advanced' and make sure that 'Disable scandisk after bad
    shutdown' is unchecked. I know this just does the same as
    above, but check it anyway.

    Also see:

    Some System Configuration Utility Tools Do Not Work
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;192723&

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Wal

    Wal Guest

    Hi Mike,

    thank you for the suggestion.

    It was unchecked thanks.

    Wal.

    ===================

    Wal, Sep 22, 2003
  6. Wal

    °Mike° Guest

    Did you do a complete format and install, or install over the top?

    °Mike°, Sep 22, 2003
  7. Wal

    Wal Guest

    ======================================

    It was a Complete format and install.

    Wal

    Wal, Sep 22, 2003
  8. Wal

    °Mike° Guest

    The only other thing I can think of, is that your win.com file
    has been altered/corrupted - this is where scandisk is called
    from at startup.

    Back up your c:\windows\win.com file, and create a new one.

    Creating a New Win.com File

    °Mike°, Sep 22, 2003