    qualifications is *copied* from another site. This really galls me as I
    worked very hard for my certification (MCSD).

    I assume they are not allowed to say this - how can I report them?

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    David Parkes Guest

    erm email Microsoft.

    Also though, don't be to hard on those people with out MCSE's. The MCSE
    qualification does't really mean much. There are plenty of people out there
    that know WAY more about Microsoft products and troubleshooting etc than the
    people with MCSE's. It isnt that hard to get them a few hours here and there
    reading mspress books etc. I dont have and MCSE but I do have over 10 years
    experience managing servers and networks for small to medium sized
    businesses.

    David Parkes, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    erm email Microsoft.

    Thanks, hadn't thought of that. My question is *who* do I contact?
    I'm not bashing people who don't have MCSEs in ANY way. I don't have one.
    I have a problem with people who say they have MCSE (or any qualification)
    and claim the perceived kudos for their company, without having done any of
    the work.
    With all due respect, if you don't have one, are you really able to comment
    on how easy it is (or not) to get one?

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    David Parkes Guest

    Thought you would say that. The reason I don't have one is simple. Why
    should I spend money on exams. £120 is a hell of a lot of money.

    If you are really that bothered etc then contact the office of fair trading.

    David Parkes, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    mcphelp at microsoft dot com

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Guest

    EggHead Guest

    For the record, I do have MCSD/MCSE/MCDBA.
    You know what, usually when people put down something, it means that they do
    not have it.
    With all due respect, even you want to be a paper MCSD/MCSE/MCDBA, it is
    not as easy as you think. You still need to commit at least around 50
    reading hrs per exam.
    In addition, I do believe you know more than me.
    Eggghead

    EggHead, Oct 5, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at - is this directed at me?

    Guest, Oct 5, 2005
  9. Guest

    EggHead Guest

    Sorry I mean "I do believe David knows more networking stuff than me". Since
    I do not have real working exp in networking.
    Egghead

    EggHead, Oct 5, 2005
  10. Guest

    Dave Guest

    Are you replying to the correct post here? The msg you are replying to
    doesn't mention *you* let along you not not having a qualification as it's
    the original msg in the thread.
    You sure the OP is referring to a company in the UK?

    Bad day?

    Dave, Oct 5, 2005
  11. It would be more interesting if they claimed to be a Microsoft Partner of
    inappropriate level. It does not appear that MCP and MCSE are trademarks,
    however Microsoft part of the logo is indeed a registered trademark and some
    attorneys may argue a trademark violation in this case...

    You can actually verify that claim (sort of) by locating that company in
    Microsoft Partner Directory (http://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/). In my
    case for area code 94538, for example, it says that I only have my SBS
    specialization at this time and how many people are associated with my
    company.

    Anyway, if they are using logos on their site, read
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/logo.asp for a fairly
    in-depth discussion of how they can or cannot be used.

    Leonid S. Knyshov, Oct 6, 2005
  12. Couldn't it just mean that they are lazy with their web site's content?

    Colin Nash [MVP], Oct 8, 2005
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    David the reason you should spend the money on the exams is the same reason
    that someone graduating from law school should sit for the bar exams (I do
    not know how it works in England). Certifications are qualifications.

    Certifications are indications that you have the respect for your profession
    to take the time and make the investment to be labeled an expert in a product
    with which you work. Granted if you are secure in a corporate job this may
    not be necessary, but as a consultant when I speak with a client they know by
    the logo on my business card that I know the system, and have studied and
    passed a set of exams, compared to a competing consultant who just claims to
    know what he's doing.

    It was well put earlier in the thread that if you are not certified, you
    probably are not qualified to speak to the value of certifications. Sit for
    an exam and then tell me what you think.

    MDG

    Guest, Oct 12, 2005
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Perfect! While some view certs as a waste of time, there are others (hiring
    managers) that won't even consider you if you don't have at least an MCP. I
    know plenty of folks who don't have their certs and are EXTREEMLY
    knowledgeable. Unfortunately, if the resume doesn't show what you know, then
    it may not even get browsed.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2005