    (Apologies if the petition has been seen here before. Another mention
    won't hurt though. The more support across ISP users, the sooner this
    might be sorted)

    Mike Scott, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Mike Scott

    Nigel Cliffe Guest

    A meaningless, if well intentioned, petition. Confused as to what action
    the government is being asked to undertake, whether Phorn is illegal, etc.
    etc.

    Best avoided.

    Nigel Cliffe, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Mike Scott

    Nick Guest

    I would campaign against extended 1 year minimum contract lengths. Then
    there wouldn't be a restriction on moving ISP to avoid phorm.

    Or have I got it wrong, will VM allow customers to get out of their
    contracts if they don't like phorm.

    Nick, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Mike Scott

    Sam Nelson Guest

    Simpler just to desert `Phorm Phactor' ISPs and use decent ones instead.
    You get what you pay for, The practice is either in breach of RIPA already
    or it's something our leaders aren't going to touch. Either way, the
    petition is poorly worded and misses its target badly.

    Sam Nelson, Mar 5, 2008
  5. Mike Scott

    It's Me Guest

    Just Ditch and Switch.

    Vote with your money, will have more effect than any petition.

    It's Me, Mar 5, 2008
  6. Most peole won't do this though, because most people aren't geeks who
    use usenet, read the register or go to online petition sites... So
    what's needed is something to raise public (and our MPs!) awareness
    about this - like a national newspaper campaign, or getting the BBC to
    air it ... (Or just by writing it our own MPs!)

    Anyone know any journalists, or an MP who in all probability uses BT
    Internet and doesn't want their browsing habits sent to China?

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Mar 5, 2008
  7. The petition is somewhat vaguely worded, and in particular I think Phorm
    is more likley to breach RIPA than to breach the DPA - but we really have
    insufficient evidence of how it is goint to work to be sure.

    Anything that gets the Government to look into it further is probably a
    Good thing.

    Charles Lindsey, Mar 6, 2008
  8. Mike Scott

    Mark Guest

    I second that. Like many/most of the petitions it is not well worded.
    I wish people would spend a little time thinking before starting one.

    M.

    Mark, Mar 7, 2008
  9. Perhaps a complaint to OFCOM might be more appropriate?

    George

    George Weston, Mar 7, 2008