Saw this camera today, $2000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jan 19, 2014.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jan 19, 2014

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : It's a re-skinned $548 Sony DSC-RX100.
    :
    : http://www.hasselblad-stellar.com/

    But consider the catchy color schemes and the nifty leather case. We're
    talking LUXURY® here, man. Anyone who has to worry about the price must be a
    peasant and surely can't afford The Good Life. Hell, just the Hasselblad name
    on the Website ad is worth at least $500, wouldn't you say?

    Speaking for myself, if I bought one of those, it would be just for show. My
    valet would carry a couple of 5D3's and take the actual pictures.

    (Yes, I've been watching "Downtown Abbey" on TV.) 8^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 19, 2014

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Maybe Thomas would just steal it off you? :)

    RichA, Jan 19, 2014
  4. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:29:14 PM UTC-5, Robert Coe wrote:
    : >
    : > : It's a re-skinned $548 Sony DSC-RX100.
    : >
    : > :
    : >
[...]

    It's "Barrow", now that he's the Under Butler.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 19, 2014
  5. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:58:52 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    : wrote:
    :
    : >It's a re-skinned $548 Sony DSC-RX100.
    : >
    : >http://www.hasselblad-stellar.com/
    :
    : Being seen in public with this camera would be really, really
    : embarassing.

    Only in the presence of someone who might actually know what it is.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 19, 2014
  6. RichA

    Mort Guest

    Is this camera different from the Lunar, which is being heavily
    advertised on the radio in NYC, with allusions to the 1969 lunar
    landing? The ads are as phoney as the camera.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Jan 20, 2014
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    "Mr. Barrow"

    RichA, Jan 20, 2014
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    The Lunar is the $7000 version of Sony's $899 Nex-7.

    RichA, Jan 20, 2014
  9. Once a company has nothing left than advertising on their past, they are
    just that:
    a "has been" company.

    Laszlo Lebrun, Jan 20, 2014
  10. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:27:48 PM UTC-5, Robert Coe wrote:
    : >
    : > : On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:29:14 PM UTC-5, Robert Coe wrote:
    : >
    : >
    : > : >
    : >
    : > : > : It's a re-skinned $548 Sony DSC-RX100.
    : >
    : > : >
    : >
    : > : > :
    : >
    : > : >
    : >
[...]

    Only among the other servants.

    Robert Coe, Jan 20, 2014
  11. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 20.01.2014 03:05, Mort wrote:
    : >
    : > Is this camera different from the Lunar, which is being heavily
    : > advertised on the radio in NYC, with allusions to the 1969 lunar
    : > landing? The ads are as phoney as the camera.
    :
    : Once a company has nothing left than advertising on their past, they are
    : just that:
    : a "has been" company.

    Not necessarily. A company is often most successful when "The price is the
    product." Hasselblad is arguably approaching that situation; some athletic
    shoe companies have been there for years. Other examples abound: high-end
    restaurants, European wristwatch and handbag manufacturers, etc., etc.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 20, 2014
  12. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I have to defend the NEX-7 as not overpriced. It's build quality and layout are superior for a (now) sub-$1000 camera body.

    RichA, Jan 20, 2014
  13. RichA

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    Hasselblad also makes medium format digital cameras that take Hasselblad
    lenses. I do not know how they compare in quality to other medium format
    cameras.

    Paul Ciszek, Jan 20, 2014