    a picture to enlarge a portion of it. How do I save this zoomed
    picture to my computer from the viewing window ??

    HELP !!

    bjse4, Dec 7, 2006

  2. bjse4

    ASAAR Guest

    The method depends on the browser you use. Generally you can
    right-click on the image and you'll get a popup window with several
    options. Look for something like "Save Image As ...".

    ASAAR, Dec 7, 2006

  3. Hi,
    Double click on the image in the library window so that you go into
    edit mode.
    Select 'Crop' in Basic Fixes, choose a picture size (ignore the actual
    size - you want the ratio's) and left click on the area you want to
    zoom in on.
    Click on 'Apply' when happy with the selection. This will show you the
    selected area only displayed at the maximum size possible.
    You can undo the crop and repeat if necessary.
    Note that you are not modifying the original picture which still
    remains and can be accessed by the 'undo' in edit mode.
    Hope this helps,

    Cheers,
    Allan

    Allan Sheppard, Dec 7, 2006
  4. Should you be working with your own computer software and not Picassa? I
    would not use an on-line service for photo manipulation; but that's just me.

    Investigate free or low-cost photo editing software. Irfanview

    Charles Schuler, Dec 7, 2006
  5. Picasa2 is not on-line; it is a software program that you download onto
    your own H.D. Its beauty is that the original images are maintained, in
    addition to the edited ones.
    Morton

    Morton Linder, Dec 7, 2006
  6. OK, what is the problem? The OP seems to have one.

    Charles Schuler, Dec 7, 2006
  7. wrote:
    : I have downloaded my digital pictures to Picassa. I have zoomed in on
    : a picture to enlarge a portion of it. How do I save this zoomed
    : picture to my computer from the viewing window ??

    : HELP !!

    (Disclaimer: I have not used Picassa but the following is generic to all
    the editing software that I have used in the past.)

    On every image viewer/editor program I have seen, zooming an image is
    simply looking closer at a smaller portion of the full sized image. In
    order to trim the image to the size seen on the screen you will have to
    select the portion of the image you are currently seeing and then
    selecting "crop" or "trim" to cut away all of the non selected portion of
    the image.

    Instead of zooming to choose the portion of the image, use the select
    function of the program to designate the part of the image you want, and
    then crop. Zoom is great for taking a closer look at an image but only a
    select and crop will trim the image to that desired size.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Dec 8, 2006
  8. bjse4

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Picasa is an editor/organizer program, and has nothing to do with an
    online service, other than being supplied by Google.
    It has some editing capability, and organizing functions. Not bad for a
    free program.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 8, 2006
  9. bjse4

    jhiker Guest

    I believe you have to use the 'Export' button to save the edited
    pictures leaving the original untouched.

    jhiker, Dec 8, 2006
  10. bjse4

    Marcin Guest

    you only need to crop selected area.
    set the zoom to 100%, mark the area and choose the CROP from menu.
    marked area should be 800x600 or 1024x768 or 1280x960 or 1600x1200 or 2272 x
    1704 or higher.

    Marcin Gorgolewski
    www.mybestphotos.batcave.net

    Marcin, Dec 8, 2006
  11. bjse4

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Generally you need to load the image into an
    editor and crop it. The new image will be the
    selected area and appear "zoomed".

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Dec 9, 2006
  12. bjse4

    Roy G Guest

    You have not changed the picture in any way, it is exactly the same as when
    you loaded it into Picassa.

    All you have done is Zoomed the Screen View, just like you can do in any
    program.

    I think you need to apply a modicum of "Read the Instructions" for Picassa.
    They will be on the screen somewhere titled "Help".

    Roy G

    Roy G, Dec 9, 2006
  13. bjse4

    John Turco Guest

    Hello,

    If you press the "Print Scrn" button, on the computer keyboard, it will
    "capture" the entire screen appearing on the monitor, at the time. Next,
    you "paste" it into the graphics program of your choice, and then save
    it to the hard drive.

    Finally, you can open the image and edit it, at your leisure.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 11, 2006
  14. bjse4

    Mike Fields Guest

    If you are going to do it that way, use ALT+PrtScrn which only
    grabs the current window, HOWEVER, you lose lots of resolution
    that way. Not familiar with Picassa, but you can grab a copy of
    Irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.com ) for free which lets you
    zoom in on a pix, adjust them, crop the image to the section you
    want and save as a new image very easily - that way you don't
    find yourself working at the screen resolution.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Dec 12, 2006