Saving .rm audio

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Tozer, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    Brian Tozer, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    GraB Guest

    GraB, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Brian Tozer

    Jason M Guest

    You may be able to find it in your cache using Find Files.
    When I look at that site with Mozilla it asks me if I want to save it
    to disk.

    Jason M, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Brian Tozer

    Enkidu Guest

    I think you'll find that's the .ram file. The .rm file is referenced
    inside it.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    When I extract the URL of the .rm file from the .ram page, I am unable to
    get the site to download the .rm file.
    Variants of the URL were unsuccessful.
    Bit of a bugger........

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Brian Tozer

    Enkidu Guest

    A thought. You know the URL that is inside the .ram? Maybe if you do
    http://<url>:<port of the rtsp service> it might work.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Brian Tozer

    Bb Guest

    If you're happy to record it as you listen, then JetAudio is as good as any.
    You can chose the format of the stored audio file ... even has an mp3pro
    encoder.

    Cheers

    Bb, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Brian Tozer

    Kazonme Guest

    here you go

    Hear the Lecture and the Q&A
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/reith2003/reith2003_london.rm

    use net transport or streamVCR to save file

    Kazonme, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    I am using IE6 on XP and only get a "Cannot find server" when I enter that
    URL which presumably we both copied from the .ram file comntents.
    I am very interested in whether anyone can receive the audio, let alone
    record it.
    Do I need to install a Realaudio player to receive it.

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Dec 1, 2003
  10. Brian Tozer

    Kazonme Guest

    As I said earlier..
    to save real audio/video file IE6 or dwonload manager cannot perform the task..

    you need to use StreamVCR or net transport to save the file..

    BTW the lecturerm file is esitmated ~ 20M ?

    Kazonme, Dec 1, 2003