    windows media player. I am using IE6. I have saved avi and mpg files
    previously.. Why can I not now?

    Jeff

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003

  2. CTB

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Can you be more clear as to why you can't save them now? Do you get an
    error?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 17, 2003

  3. CTB

    CTB Guest

    no error, the 'save target as' option is not highlighted so I cannot select
    it... I guess that's how I saved them last time.. (It has been a few
    months since I've tried saving a video file)

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  4. CTB

    Isildur Guest

    Maybe you've set the WMP IE plug in to play any audio/video in it's own
    column?

    Isildur, Oct 17, 2003
  5. CTB

    Thor Guest

    Some online media won't allow you to save it locally. It's probably a
    streaming-only video.

    Thor, Oct 17, 2003
  6. CTB

    CTB Guest

    Is there any way to get around this? Or is it not possible to download
    them?

    Thanks
    Jeff.

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  7. CTB

    CTB Guest

    If this is the case, how do I change it?

    CTB, Oct 17, 2003
  8. CTB

    Thor Guest

    Some programs have been made to try and capture what is on-screen during the
    streaming video, but in my experience the results are usually poor quality.
    I wouldn't waste my time trying to get realmedia, or windows streaming
    media. Quicktime will often allow you to save if you have the pro version.
    But it still depends on the whims of the content author.

    Thor, Oct 18, 2003