    Shaun Guest

    What's the best way to save a photo in JPEG format so that the EXIF date
    isn't present?

    Shaun, Sep 12, 2006

  2. "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What's the best way to save a photo in JPEG format so that the EXIF date
    > isn't present?

    I'd say by using some cheap program (freeware) which doesn't know how to sav
    EXIF

    Protoncek \(ex.SleeperMan\), Sep 12, 2006

  3. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

    Shaun, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Shaun

    George K Guest

    Some EXIF editors can delete the data or you delete the data. Many
    editors have a save for web which will remove the EXIF and IPTC data.

    ExifTool by Phil Harvey
    http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    George K, Sep 12, 2006
  5. "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    > Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?
    >

    > "Protoncek (ex.SleeperMan)" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'd say by using some cheap program (freeware) which doesn't know how to
    >> sav EXIF

    hm...i doubt it...

    Protoncek \(ex.SleeperMan\), Sep 12, 2006
  6. Shaun skrev:

    > Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

    Sure. "Select all" + "Copy" + "File/New" + "Paste" produces a copy of
    the oriinal jpeg without the EXIF data - or without any EXIF data that
    Photoshop itself can read, anyway.

    Jan Böhme

    =?iso-8859-1?B?SmFuIEL2aG1l?=, Sep 12, 2006
  7. Shaun

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:15:06 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Shaun"
    <> wrote:

    >Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

    Save for Web
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Sep 12, 2006
  8. Shaun

    EDM Guest

    Yes. "Save for Web" in PS strips all EXIF data from JPGs.

    EDM, Sep 12, 2006
  9. Shaun

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:15:06 +0100, "Shaun"
    <> wrote:

    >Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

    Use "Save for web" instead of "Save".
    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Sep 12, 2006
  10. "Protoncek \(ex.SleeperMan\)" <> writes:

    > "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    >> What's the best way to save a photo in JPEG format so that the EXIF date
    >> isn't present?
    >>

    > I'd say by using some cheap program (freeware) which doesn't know how to sav
    > EXIF

    Or strip it off using something like jpegtran.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Sep 12, 2006
  11. "EDM" <> wrote in message
    > Yes. "Save for Web" in PS strips all EXIF data from JPGs.

    ha...that i didn't know....thx from my part

    Protoncek \(ex.SleeperMan\), Sep 12, 2006
  12. "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    > What's the best way to save a photo in JPEG format so that the EXIF date
    > isn't present?

    http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

    Free (postcardware) will losslessly remove exif from a jpg without touching
    the actual image.

    Adrian Boliston, Sep 12, 2006
  13. Shaun

    embee Guest

    > "EDM" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes. "Save for Web" in PS strips all EXIF data from JPGs.
    >>

    > ha...that i didn't know....thx from my part

    Save for Web will solve your Exif dilema, but make sure it suits your colour
    management purposes (it probably won't be a problem, but I thought I'd
    better mention it!)

    Good Luck.

    embee, Sep 12, 2006
  14. Shaun

    Rob-L Guest

    On Sep 12 2006 12:15 PM, Shaun wrote:

    > Isn't there a way of doing this within Photoshop?

    If you use "Save As..." the Exif information will be kept. If you use
    "Save As For Web" all Exif info is knocked out.

    Rob-L in L.V.

    ----

    Rob-L, Sep 13, 2006
  15. Shaun

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:23:09 +0100, "embee"
    <> wrote:

    >Save for Web will solve your Exif dilema, but make sure it suits your colour
    >management purposes (it probably won't be a problem, but I thought I'd
    >better mention it!)

    It has an option to retain the colour profile while still
    removing the other metadata, so it works whatever space
    you're using.

    Default is to not embed a profile, so sRGB is assumed.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Sep 13, 2006
  16. Shaun

    irwell Guest

    On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:15 +0100, "Shaun" <> wrote:

    >What's the best way to save a photo in JPEG format so that the EXIF date
    >isn't present?

    Irfanview 'Save as" options include whether to keep or discard
    the EXIF data.

    irwell, Sep 13, 2006