    idea why it won't let me save as straight JPG?

    cheers,

    G;

    The Rev Gaston, Jan 30, 2005

  2. The Rev Gaston

    bmoag Guest

    Why would you shoot raw and save as jpeg?
    If you are working in 16 bit color you cannot save as jpeg.

    bmoag, Jan 30, 2005

  3. I shoot raw for the same reason everyone else does - so I can decide
    myslef what to throw away in the comfort of my armchair!

    Thanks for the pointer about bit depth - it's the trick I was missing.

    G;

    The Rev Gaston, Jan 30, 2005