    been disabled. The option in XP where you get the save icon in the top right
    is not there either.

    Thanks.

    Johnny8977, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Johnny8977

    zum Guest

    You could do a screen capture (cntrl + print screen) which will paste the
    whole screen to the clip board and you can edit it (cut out the bit you
    want) in any paint package

    Or load up Opera browser which does not allow right click disable

    zum, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Johnny8977

    zum Guest

    Sorry meant Alt+print screen

    zum, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Johnny8977

    Pennywise Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:33:03 +0100, "Johnny8977"

    |>Hi all.
    |>
    |>Is there any way I can save a picture from a page where the right click has
    |>been disabled. The option in XP where you get the save icon in the top right
    |>is not there either.

    Press the context key?

    (On my keyboard it's just to the left of the Control key,
    the odd key without a flag)

    Pennywise, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Johnny8977

    Rob B. Guest

    You can view page source and get the name of the file, then go into your
    Internet Cache and find the file by name.

    -Rob
    techhowto.org

    Rob B., Oct 15, 2004
  6. Johnny8977

    mAineAc Guest

    If you get Mozilla Firefox, you can go to File then Page Info once that
    opens you can choose the media tab and save any pictures or files on the
    page.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Oct 15, 2004
  7. You're using Internet Explorer, right? You could use Firefox, which
    gives you more power over your browsing, such as not allowing sites
    to disable the right mouse button; but if you love IE, then you can
    save the image (in it's original format, not just a screenshot) by:

    (1) Left-click the image, and, while holding the button, move the
    mouse to the left or right a few pixels. You should see a "deny"
    circle appear as a result, while you're holding the button down.

    (2) Press Windows+D to show the Desktop. The "deny" circle has now
    turned into a "drop" icon (it has a plus sign), so let go of the
    mouse button now and voila, the image has just been dropped onto
    your Desktop in its original format.

    Easy! :)

    Bruce the Shark, Oct 15, 2004

  8. That is easily one of the best tid bits I have read in a long time. Thanks.

    NoMoreMrNiceGuy, Oct 16, 2004
  9. Johnny8977

    teacka Guest

    When I run across this problem in IE, I just go to file, save as web-page
    (complete), this saves everything to a folder, then I can simply delete that
    stuff that I don't want.

    teacka, Oct 16, 2004
  10. Johnny8977

    Johnny8977 Guest

    Me too. Nice one, thanks!

    Johnny8977, Oct 16, 2004
  11. It's always a great feeling when you beat the webmasters, eh? ;)

    Bruce the Shark, Oct 17, 2004
  12. Johnny8977

    photoq8

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah great work. However, that's only possible if the right click is disabled. What about if the right click is disabled? Toolbar is disabled? and it's a java link? I've just uploaded some photos on www.ImageEvent.com > Public Library > and try your trick. It won't work. let me know please if you find a solution.

    thanks

    photoq8, Aug 11, 2006
  13. Johnny8977

    egingell

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can also browse your Temporary Internet Files folder for the image you want. Most people who put that stupid code on their sites don't realize that everything on their site is saved to the client computer anyway.

    Go here: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

    egingell, Aug 12, 2006
  14. Johnny8977

    egingell

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Um... I had no problem saving pictures from that site. All I did was right-click and click "Save picture as". Unless I missed something.

    The one I got is attached. :)

    Attached Files:

    • 4727.jpg
      4727.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
  15. Johnny8977

    endless43098

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Google search on how to view a webpage's source on your browser. Once you are viewing the source, search for .jpg
    Once you find a result, highlight the entire URL, go to it in your browser, and there's the image!

    endless43098, Jul 3, 2009
  16. Johnny8977

    heavenlee

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank You!!

    The Opera Browser did the trick for me!! Thank you SO much!! :congrats:

    heavenlee, Jun 17, 2011