Saving graphics from web page to local hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ed Pulliam, May 20, 2004.

  1. Ed Pulliam

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    Hello all,

    My dumb question of the day is this:

    When saving graphics from a web site to my hard drive (using IE 6.0, XP
    Pro), when I right click on a graphic, and select "save picture as" I no
    longer have all the file types available that I used to have. In fact,
    often the only choice I have in the drop down file type menu is
    "Bitmap".

    I know I can save as a bitmap and then convert to another format, but if
    I'm trying to save an animated gif and have to save as a bitmap first, I
    loose the animation effect.

    What setting have I screwed up that's limited my flexibility to save in
    the format of my choice?

    TIA for any help.

    Ed Pulliam, May 20, 2004

  2. Ed Pulliam