    work so log into the gmail site to view my emails and would like to
    save some emails to disc!

    many thanks for any help/info

    mickeymuffin, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Set your gmail account to forward your messages to wherever you want
    them.

    Steve

    Steve Wolstenholme, Nov 20, 2007

  3. mickeymuffin

    mickeymuffin Guest

    At the moment the only internet access that i have is at work and we
    are not allowed to use Outlook etc

    Set your gmail account to forward your messages to wherever you want
    them.

    Steve

    Neural Planner Software Ltd

    http://www.easynn.comhttp://www.tropheus.demon.co.uk

    mickeymuffin, Nov 20, 2007
  4. mickeymuffin

    ded Guest

    OK, so you don't have internet access at home, so you can't forward
    the gmails, but you have access to a burner at work?
    So paste the contents of the gmails into MS Word or Notepad, save
    as a word or notepad doc, burn to CD/DVD, then copy over to home PC.

    ded, Nov 20, 2007
  5. mickeymuffin

    Gordon Guest

    So what DO you use for email at work?

    Gordon, Nov 20, 2007
  6. mickeymuffin

    Mike Easter Guest

    So, if I understand this correctly, the computer access you have is at
    work which does not have a mailuser agent and you access gmail from
    there.

    You want access to email content with or without headers you have
    received in gmail that you have copied to a disk.

    It isn't clear what kind of computer equipment you have access to. This
    work computer has what drives you are authorized to use, floppy? USB
    ports? Are you authorized to copy information you have accessed on the
    work computer to take home?

    Do you have access to a home computer which does /not/ have internet
    access? What kinds of drives does it have, floppy, USB ports? Do you
    have access to some other computer which is not work or home, such as
    library? What kinds of drive/ports does it have, floppy/USB?

    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2007
  7. mickeymuffin

    Gordon Guest

    yes - and currently the storage size is in excess of TWO GIGS.......

    Gordon, Nov 20, 2007
  8. mickeymuffin

    Mike Easter Guest

    My gmail storage capacity is currently in excess of 5 gigs and growing.

    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2007
  9. mickeymuffin

    Gordon Guest

    When did they change that? (I look at my GMail account online very
    infrequently now..........)

    Gordon, Nov 20, 2007
  10. mickeymuffin

    Mike Easter Guest

    Since the very beginning at 2.5 the gmail capacity has been growing.
    When you log on there is a little 'meter' running showing you how much
    the capacity has grown to.

    If you go to the gmail login page there is an item on the left side
    before login called 'Lots of space' which shows a running total of your
    space https://gmail.google.com (that URL will redirect to a longer https
    one)

    At the instant I copied this it was 'Over 5085.571791 megabytes'

    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2007
  11. mickeymuffin

    TJ Guest

    <snip>

    I disagree. IMO, the OP is quite the "typical computer user".

    I base that statement on real-world experiences, along with the
    rudimentary questions asked very often in this group.

    What YOU fail to understand is that it's YOU and a few others who post
    here regularly that are *atypical* compuer users.

    However, most of the others seem to grasp the fact that they know a lot
    more than the "typical computer user" and answer questions (at least
    initially) accordingly.

    But not you, Mike. You *continually* fail to understand it, and
    pontificate away in initial and subsequent replies to simple questions
    in what appears to be some misguided effort on your part to prove you're
    smarter than everybody else.

    Your style is offputting to me, and (IMO) utterly useless to Noobs.

    Perhaps you should consider creating a group called
    24hoursupport.helpdesk.advanced.

    <snip>

    TJ, Nov 20, 2007
  12. mickeymuffin

    Mike Easter Guest

    You might divide up those who post to this group into GGers and
    non-GGers -- where the GGers can be roughly subtyped into spammers,
    newbies, and those accessing via GG for other reasons -- and the
    non-GGers are using newsagents and newsservers and likely to be also
    using mailuser agents and mailservers.

    My estimation would be that it would be slim minority - atypical - of
    those types and subtypes who don't have access to a connectivity
    provider which also provides them with an smtp mailserver. By that
    accounting, the OP is atypical.

    Since the OP hasn't further characterized hirself by what kind of
    computer access s/he has at work or otherwise, it is hard to comment
    further about the degree of more or less atypicality.

    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2007
  13. mickeymuffin

    TJ Guest

    <snip>

    I'll give you one other accolade before I say goodbye.

    You don't nym-shift to avoid killfiles.

    TJ, Nov 20, 2007
  14. mickeymuffin

    Mike Easter Guest

    I highly recommend that everyone who doesn't want to read what I have to
    say kf me, that includes those who want to start a discussion with me
    about something and can't keep up.

    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2007