    Olympus C-220, it would appear in Windows Explorer as the F: drive so you
    could use it like a floppy disk to save any files but the Canon doesn't
    appear in this way.

    Russ Reid, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Russ Reid

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Canon doesn't support usb mass storage, so you cant' see the camera as a
    drive. You can upload photos using the supplied Zoombrowser software.

    Jim Townsend, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Russ Reid

    Russ Reid Guest

    So I can't save Word files or mp3's etc. to the CompactFlash card in the
    camera?

    Russ Reid, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Russ Reid

    Ida Noe Guest

    Hi Russ.
    I believe that you cannot save files to the CF Card through the camera
    itself.
    However, you CAN write to the CF Card if you buy a card reader/writer.

    Ida Noe, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Russ Reid

    stewy Guest

    These days the USB click drives are cheaper and easier to erase than camera
    media.

    stewy, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Russ Reid

    Mark B. Guest

    Not with Canon cameras. Get a card reader; transfers are faster anyway.

    Mark

    Mark B., Apr 2, 2004
  7. Russ,

    I can do that with mine. When I connect my camera to my computer
    running Windows XP, I see it as a normal drive in Windows
    Explorer, and I can save any file to it as long as it fits.

    there is a risk, however, that the camera gets confused if you
    store files into the photo folder that are named like photo
    files from the camera.

    Hans-Georg

    Hans-Georg Michna, Apr 6, 2004