    I tried several ways and didn't work.

    Thanks

    Monte

    Montenegro, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Montenegro

    old man Guest

    old man, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Montenegro

    dadiOH Guest

    1. Select (highlight) what you want to save

    2. Drag them to a folder somewhere

    3. Burn the folder

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Mar 12, 2006
  4. Montenegro

    PC Guest

    Monte

    Your messages folder is at C:\documents and settings\user\local
    settings\application data\Identiies\a funnly long string of odd charachters
    and numbers\microsoft\Outlook Express.
    save this folder to CDR, Flashdisk or other backup facility.
    Then if you need to reinstall the messages open OE and and import (File,
    Import,
    Messages.....)
    (Local Settings is not usually visible, you may have to open Folder options
    in the Control Panel and set the 'View' tab options to show hidden files.

    Paul.

    PC, Mar 12, 2006
  5. Montenegro

    Plato Guest

    Check:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    OE AND EMAIL TOOLS

    Plato, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Montenegro

    killie Guest

    Your emails are in
    C:\documents and settings\user\local
    settings\
    Copy them to removable media

    Killie

    killie, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Montenegro

    Montenegro Guest

    thanks everybody. It worked!

    Monte

    Montenegro, Mar 13, 2006
  8. Today Montenegro commented courteously on the subject at hand
    Two easy ways:

    1) Use Win XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard to copy all of
    your settings, OE messages, and IE favorites someplace else, and
    burn a CD.

    2) Do a Search for ".dbx" and copy all of the message files
    (each one is an OE folder) someplace and burn a CD.

    I just transferred all the OE messages and the IE favorites from
    my wife's old Win 98 box (which has no FSTW) via method 2)
    yesterday. It took 5 minutes to create the backups on her old PC
    and another 5 minutes to import them into her new XP OE account.

    If this doesn't make sense to you, ask any clarify questions you
    need to and I'll respond.

    All Things Mopar, Mar 13, 2006