    resolution, they get all screwed up. Is there a way I can save my
    high-res desktop, run at the lower resolution for awhile and then
    switch back without having all my icons messed up?

    Lowly Engineer, Jul 23, 2006

  2. If you create another user account for the purpose, you can use this:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

    But it might be more trouble than it's worth to switch back and forth.

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Lowly Engineer

    doS Guest

    Recommends doesnt mean'have to"

    doS, Jul 23, 2006

  4. Here:
    http://www.midiox.com/?http://www.midiox.com/jsoft.htm

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Lowly Engineer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Lowly Engineer.

    This is what I use: http://users.rcn.com/taylotr/icon_restore.html

    Ponder, Jul 23, 2006

  6. Yes, I used to use that. I have changed the .reg file so that the menu
    entry only appears on the context menu of the Recycle Bin rather than all
    desktop folders, as it is annoying to have such long menus. If anybody
    would like my altered reg file just ask here and I'll dig it out.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 23, 2006
  7. Lowly Engineer, Jul 24, 2006