    via tftp automatic every day.

    how can I manag this ?

    THX

    Tobias, Jun 5, 2004

  2. :I search for an idea to save all configrations of
    :cisco catalysts 2950 / 3550 (Cisco IOS)
    :and Cisco PIX 501
    :via tftp automatic every day.
    :how can I manag this ?

    The 2950 and 3550 you should be able to do via SNMP. It takes
    a few SNMP commands to set up properly, but it's not that long a
    sequence as far as I recall.

    None of the PIX series support saving or retreiving the
    configuration via SNMP commands -- SNMP support on the PIX series is
    very limited. For the PIX 501, you will need to use something like
    an 'expect' script -- or you may be able to adapt one of the perl modules
    that is on cpan.org .

    Walter Roberson, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Tobias

    Rutger Blom Guest

    Take a look at http://www.kiwisyslog.com/. They have a program called "Kiwi
    CatTools" which can do the job and a lot more.

    Rutger

    Rutger Blom, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Send an snmp set command to .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.55.<tftpserver_ip>. Value to
    set is the destination filename. (on most unix tftp servers, this file must
    already exist and be world writable).

    Example for a linux system:

    snmpset -t 15 -r 5 <router_ip> <rw_community>
    ..1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.55.<tftp_ip> s "<filename>"

    Hope this helps,

    Andre

    Andre Engeringh, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Tobias

    Tobias Guest

    Hello together,
    after testing many different tools an solutions now I have a very nice
    solution
    the netcat tool (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/network_utilities/)
    can script telnet actions.

    On my windows maschine I have on script (switch.txt):

    Script:

    passwort
    enable
    passwort
    copy run tftp
    192.168.1.1
    cat-running.txt

    a batch file that look like that
    nc.exe Catalyst-IP < switch.txt
    rename cat-running.txt cat-running--%date%.txt

    After the batch is running a have the config file from my catalyst with the
    acctualy date of saving this.
    the same you can do with flash:config.text, flash:vlan.text ...

    Tobias, Jun 7, 2004