    so I renamed it to a WMV which is what it appears to be in the Temporary
    Internet folder but it still doesn't work.

    Does anyone know how to save these files?

    Martin Knight, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Martin Knight

    giraffe Guest

    Martin Knight brought next idea :
    Don't know about IE, but it's easy with Opera - sort of the same method
    but it works!

    giraffe, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Martin Knight

    english_dude Guest

    To save the lion clip get SDP multimedia (free) from
    http://sdp.ppona.com/
    this program lets you download mms streams from webpages.

    With the clip playing, R-click it and select properties. Highlight and
    copy the location which in this case is
    http://mfile.akamai.com/12909/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2007/0111/10725938.200k.asx
    Start SDP,click open and paste the above url in the dialog box. Click
    go and you will be prompted for a location to save the wmv file.

    english_dude, Jan 14, 2007
  4. Thank you very much. This is simple and works great. I look forward to
    having this tool in my bag of tricks for future use. I got to get a Paypal
    account so I can donate a little something to those SDP guys. Thanks again.

    Martin

    Martin Knight, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Martin Knight

    english_dude Guest