    I have a 2.6 ghtz, 256mb ram, 32mb 3d card, running win XP.

    Thank you,
    Angela

    Angela, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Angela

    docmill Guest

    The game is in your Temp Inet folders. Look for a date and time to
    identify it.

    docmill, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Angela

    trout Guest

    If you're using Internet Explorer; you could try Flash Saving
    Plug-in:

    http://www.browsertools.net/Flash-Saving-Plugin/index.shtml

    It will work with many (but not all) sites. Also on the site is a
    nice simple little SWF player.

    trout, Mar 20, 2005
  4. You'd be using your browser, right? What IS your browser, mmmm?

    -
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2005
  5. Angela

    Angela Guest

    Thank you everyone for replying so fast - i am using Internet Explorer
    as my browser.

    I sort of figured it out while waiting on replies. While the game was
    on i clicked on view/source and looked for an address with a *.swf
    extension. I then copied this link into my browser, and left off the
    last one or two subdirectories of the address.
    When i pressed enter, it took me to a ftp site where i was able to
    click on a directory, and the shockwave game files were there, so i
    downloaded them.

    Now they are on my hard drive but without an application associated
    with them to play them.

    I will download the shockwave player that trout suggested and
    hopefully my problem will be solved.

    I also looked in the temp/internet folder and located them there, so
    thank you docmill, thats a much easier way of locating them.

    Kind Regards,
    Angela

    Angela, Mar 20, 2005
  6. You perhaps could've just substituted "ftp" for "http" at the beginning
    of that original URL. I don't known IE, though. But sometimes you'll
    find that a site has an FTP server looking at the same files.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2005
  7. No SW plug in for your browser? If you have one, just open the saved
    file with that, same as if you were doing it online.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2005