Satnav

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pete, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Oct 23, 2007

  2. Mobie navigation systems cannot match up to a fully integrated one, because
    they get no information from the cars motion through onboard electronics.
    So, when the satellite isn't receiveable as in tunnels, they will loose
    track.
    Otherwise, tomtom is a good brand.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 23, 2007

  3. pete

    pete Guest

    Do they need an ariel to work? Can one be used as a mobile GPS when
    walking in the countryside for map reading purposes?
    pete
    http://www.ipswichdocks.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich

    pete, Oct 23, 2007
  4. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND DUMBASS.

    Paige D'Winter, Oct 23, 2007
  5. pete

    pete Guest

    Maplins have a DVD that is supposed to turn a laptop into a Satnav
    guide. I would buy it if somebody else had used it and reported upon
    it too. I am not sure it works like my bmw Satnav?

    pete, Oct 24, 2007
  6. pete

    Evan Platt Guest

    For the most part in the USA, you cannot operate a laptop in the front
    seat (passenger or driver) while driving.

    Your best bet is if you want a navigation device to buy a navigation
    device.

    Evan Platt, Oct 24, 2007
  7. Forget it. It will just distract you and you may find the laptop keys
    imprinted in your forehead when the airbags have exploded due to the
    accident caused ...
    Seriously, a hammer is the best tool to get a nail in place. Do not try it
    with a gun, never.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 24, 2007
  8. pete

    pete Guest

    Yes of course but my wife sits in front seat with the laptop. However
    I am begining to feel the laptop may not be the best way. I bought a
    dongle today that was supposed to turn my laptop into a TV receiver.
    It doesn't work.

    pete, Oct 25, 2007
  9. pete

    pete Guest

    LOL I wasn't going to use it while driving:) Anyhow it is going back
    as it doesn't work for me even when sitting beside a digital TV that
    is receiving a signal of it's own.

    pete, Oct 25, 2007